LegacyGT.com

blue tooth without the head unit?

rox

Does anyone know of a system that will allow you to play music via blue tooth without have a full new head unit? My dad has a parrot system in his 08 spec B that allows him to answer phone calls or make calls but not play music. I've got an 06 legacy GT and was hoping someone knows of something along these lines that would work.

Any input is appreciated.

I just purchased this through amazon. Been playing with it for a few days now. Great little unit. Auto connects, stream music, voice calls and google/ios maps through the speakers and the quality is solid. Oh and for $34, you can't beat the price!!

Only gripe is that I wish the cord from the outlet/aux plug to the mic/main unit was longer. I haven't found a good place to mount the unit yet

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTC450-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Input/dp/B009NLTW60/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1359765965&sr=8-11&keywords=kinivo]Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack - 3.5 mm: Car Electronics[/ame]

I looked into doing this myself awhile back and decided not to do it, but this looked like the best option from what I remember. I think this is what you want.

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/aux_adapters/subaru_05-09_aux-in_mp3_bluetooth_ipod_iphone_adapter.html

Did anyone successfully connect this to 05GT OEM 6CD unit? the P-201UH?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

SUBARU compatibility.

The GROM adapter for Subaru can have SAT (satellite) or CDC (CD changer) emulation.

SAT emulation is applicable to the satellite compatible vehicles within USA only. For vehicles outside of USA please use CDC emulation.

The following car stereos are tested and supported : GX-806EF2, GX-201JE, GX-201LE, GX-201LH, GX-203JE, GX-204LE, P-206 UNB. If you don't see you stereo listed - please contact us. We also offer 30-days money back quaratee if the adapter is not compatible.

Double-DIN Non-Navigation radios that are equipped with an in dash six-disc CD Changer and Single-DIN radios are not compatible.

Actually, what radio do you have!! That makes all the difference. If he has the 6cdchanger with auto climate, grom will not work. If he has the manual climate control , he can use the grom. Its that simple. Before we can help you , we need to know what your working with!! Auto or Manual climate control?

I recently installed this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/iSimple-ISFM21-Tranzit-BLU-Bluetooth-Enabled-FM-Transmitter-A2DP-Audio-/150975523223

From what I see it seems similar to the GROM unit, but instead of a direct connection into the HU it plugs into the antenna. With the stock speakers, headunit, and the limitations of Bluetooth audio, I think you'd be hard pressed to notice a difference in sound quality. Just another option to consider.

I have the P-201UH which is the OEM 05GT 6cd changer with autoclimate. I have Jazzy's silentCD aux-in for years, and it works fine for me. Was hoping to get BT streaming and phone support without hacking the wiring with parrot, but guess not so much luck.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Thatswhat I had, I found a new one at the junkyard from a 2008 outback for $150. Then you get the i85 transplant harness. and you have an aux button and aux jack, and sat capability using oem head unit.

If he has the manual climate control then its a lot easier and cheaper to get what he wants. But the op hasnt stated what hes working with, so I assume he found a solution.

Archived