LegacyGT.com

CEL and Cruise and SI Drive

I just recently replace the turbo oil feed and drain to stop an oil leak in my 09 LGT, and everything went great.......

until...

When reassembled and ran it felt a little odd. In neutral, rev the engine and let it return to idle and it will drop to about 500rpm....stumble a moment, then settle in to a normal idle. With all that we took off, I an certain I have a vacuum leak somewhere, but I have not looked for it yet...

Today, it threw a CEL, is blinking the SI drive indicator on the dash (1 per sec) and the cruise light (1 per 2-sec). I am at work and do not have my scanner with me. Anyone know what the car is trying to say?

Thanks

Vaccum leak, you either didn't reattach something intake or hose related correctly or accidentally pulled a hose loose. whenever a cel code is present SI drive limits you to sport mode, and cruise will flash (depending on the code).

It's trying to tell you, "fix me".

Before you drive it home, make sure the vacuum hoses are conected, look between the tmic and the intake manifold above the turbo. There are a few lines there. Also check the hose off the BOV.

Stop at a auto parts store on the way home they will read the code for free.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It's trying to tell you, "fix me".

Before you drive it home, make sure the vacuum hoses are conected, look between the tmic and the intake manifold above the turbo. There are a few lines there. Also check the hose off the BOV.

Stop at a auto parts store on the way home they will read the code for free.

Figured that..... :-)

I have a scanner at home, just wanted to see if I could get some advance information.

As for finding the leak, this is what I heard....makes sense but not sure of the dark side of the advice....

I have Romraider, so I can monitor AF corrections in real time. They must be high, because I likely have un-metered air entering the system. If I monitor in realtime at idle, then spray something combustible around the joints...intake manifold gaskets, intercooler to intake.....basically anything after the MAF. If the AF corrections go down...leak is found!

Any better procedures?

Thanks

Archived