LegacyGT.com

So I am buying a set of KYB AGX's this week to put on my 93' Legacy sedan...I want to get different springs to I can reduce body foll and also make the ride more ridged. I've head you can invert STI springs up to a 05'. Or can use WRX? Someone help...I figure that I am into the AGX's for $500+ whats another $150 for proper springs! Any help would be great..cheers.

PS. <<<Loeb wins again>> WAH WAH WAAAAAAHHHHH....:cool:

well if you want 02-03 wrx springs you need the rear top hats and thats the same for the 04 sti, this is what ive found cause i was going to do the same set up but i wasnt going to use the spring from the wrx but if you can get a used set of wrx struts springs and top hats it will fit and give you about a inch of drop but if you save about another 380 you can get some megan street coils from a 95 impreza and i asked this before and someone gave me a link to it

Honestly, unless you're planning on going to a track a lot the AGX's will be unnecessary. Daily driving will be spent on about the same setting as the GR-2's and you'll really only be able to stiffen it at the track since the regular road has potholes and crap. You'd end up blowing your new suspension even with stiffer springs if you kept it low all the time. At least that's my thought. Just kind of a lot of money for something you're not going to constantly use unless it's a dedicated track car.

And big surprise about Loeb haha

Thanks fellas....I have a blown back left that freezes here in town (Oregon)...So I just dont know what to do...Huge rally fan, no my car is not a rally ar but I do take it out occasionally and I want something that is somewhat usable out on "stages"...Any input would be great! And Loeb is the ROBOT from France he will never be beat until he retires..

I have stock suspension and my car handles just fine. I've done up to 80 through some pretty bumpy, twisty trails in gravel, sugar sand and mud and the car handles great stock. I'd say go with the GR-2's, but that's just my preference. I've heard they're a bit beefier than stock, but you may be able to get some better springs and reduce the excessive strain on the shocks due to offroad use.

Gravel trac/rally cross you want lots of travel and softer struts: Stock springs/GR2

Road twisties/autocross you want lowered stance and lots of dampening: AGX/STi springs or coilovers.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Thanks for the info, I want to reduce body roll as well as well as have some gravel time in also. GR2 with what spring combo? I would like it to ride stiffer on tarmac but have that perfect in between with gravel..Most likely im praying from some sort of hybrid between gravel and tarmac setups.

Well upgrade your rear swaybar to reduce body roll. Probably could get a rear strut brace also.

I would say stock springs with GR-2's and get some WRX rims. They're 205/55/16 and they get close to touching the stock strut, but never do. Dont go any wider though cause wheel spacers aren't an option if you're going offroad. You'll kill your hubs. The wider tires (grip) makes up for the height difference (sway), but the increased ground clearance is definitely something you'll want. I still can take sharp dirt corners at 45 without feeling like I'm tipping.

My car handles awesome on the road and off of it with those tires ;) If I could find a RSB compatible with this 90 I'd get it, but I'm pretty sure the only ones you can find are really expensive. I believe since you have a 93 though you can use beefier sway bars from the newer Legacy's and get them super cheap from junk yards.

• 2 weeks later...
Any links for braces for the back? also my car doesnt even have a rear sway bar!! Bastards!

Yeah the 93 L's got screwed on the RSB's. I am also considering what suspension setup to go with and here is what i have found so far:

h + r sport springs @ raceinspired.com $224

KYB agx @ drivewire.com $450

(Ive heard the agx v. gr2 talk, and i just want the adjusts. I have also heard amazing things about KONi's and have been debating agx v. koni yellows)

Whiteline makes front springs for the 89-94 models, but no back springs. I am also waiting to hear back on eibach and cobb.

Whiteline, however, does make an impressive line of swaybars, ALK's and even RSB mounts and links for those of us with the L package who were left with no factory RSB. I have all the part #'s for whiteline if you need any.

Also i found a 99 outback limited with a beefy RSB at a junkyard and thought about snatching it up. they also have a RSB on a impreza coupe and wagon, but all look rusty and i personally fell in love with whiteline products. i can pull them for you if you are interested. PDMRacing.com also has some nice sb's for our models.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Show the 1st Gen's some love!

Archived