LegacyGT.com

Eyesight

BlazingAsura

So, I was sitting in the dealership getting a state inspection, and I looked at the new 2013 Legacy. This was a 3.6R Limited, and there was this large device up by the mirror.

Turns out they are cameras, and it's Subaru's new safety system - EyeSight. It has four features - Adaptive Cruise Control (:eek:); lane changing warning, and change the acceleration in danger. It's only available on the limited trim level, and NOT available with the black paint.

:spin:Why couldn't this technology have been on my 2010 Limited?:confused:

"What's God, if not the spark that started life?"

~ Last Ride of the Day by Nightwish

I will. I would trust my eyes first over some computer. Car companies always trying to dumb down driving. I like having more control.

Every split second you take your eyes off the road or the time it takes you to react and apply the brakes is slower than a computer. I'm not saying you don't drive well enough to be fine but so many people think they're better and faster than a computer its kinda ridiculous. "But they're taking the driving experience away...." Uh huh sure :rolleyes:

I don't really like all this technology either, people pay even less attention because they think the car will do all the work for them.

I'd rather have less technology as well and I think that this is all leading to cars that will drive themselves, then what happens to the driving experience?

I think the real benefit will be on those long trips driving on boring roads or when driving with a car load of distracting kids.

Eight-sight is an expensive option.

====================================

What I think would be better is a way to zap cars running red and yellow traffic lights. :rolleyes:

The computer assisted driving b.s., i'm convinced are for the people who "bump-their-gums" on the phone or text while driving. :mad:

But whatever...just because you have a license doesn't mean you can drive...and that's why i'll be dodging those stupid mofo's. ;)

I'll admit I text sometimes when I drive, but I look at what's in front of me and blind texting, others do the opposite which completely stupid, so many people have almost hit me cause of that, thank god to having sti control arms not a waste of money after all :lol:

I'll admit I text sometimes when I drive, but I look at what's in front of me and blind texting, others do the opposite which completely stupid, so many people have almost hit me cause of that, thank god to having sti control arms not a waste of money after all :lol:

And this is why these new technologies will be mandatory in all new cars. Complain all you want but its coming. I'd rather not be allowed to tailgate someone then get rear ended. No ones perfect and everyone here complaining probably has or almost gotten into plenty of accidents not paying attention. Have fun complaining.

These eye sight systems will start to become mandatory in all vehicles like back-up cameras. With distracted driving being such a problem with drivers and not being able to put laws in place or enforce them to prevent distracted driving, it's going to be inevitable.

my concern about this new technology is that there will always be flaws and imperfections in the system, with ignorant drivers now a days they will rely on this technology too much and become more careless than they were before, similar to having the blind spot warning on the newer cars, i see people cutting off other cars just because their mirror doesnt have the blind spot warning light on, you never know those sensors can go wrong and it will be no good

my concern about this new technology is that there will always be flaws and imperfections in the system, with ignorant drivers now a days they will rely on this technology too much and become more careless than they were before, similar to having the blind spot warning on the newer cars, i see people cutting off other cars just because their mirror doesnt have the blind spot warning light on, you never know those sensors can go wrong and it will be no good

Exactly. PCs and other forms of computing devices are far from perfect...after all they are made by humans.

You said it has four features but only listed 3. What's the 4th feature?

Adaptive cruise control would be really nice to have. Weird that it's not available with black paint though.

I only saw it briefly, but you can see the video right here

http://www.subaru.com/engineering/safety.html

I don't disagree with these statements, but this caters to the 99% of people who DO NOT use their eyes, who DO NOT use their Brain, who DO NOT pay attention to the road.

And Subaru strives to be one of the safest brands out there, so this only helps them.

Archived