LegacyGT.com

Impreza -> 07 LGT 5MT Questions

I'm fairly new to the forums, I've always wanted a Legacy but I never found the need to jump until now. I need more room and more power and less attention from police.

I've never traded in a car for another car before. I was wondering what steps I should take in buying the car with a trade in so I don't get jacked by the dealer. I'm looking for a DGM 07 LGT 5MT. I don't need any options except for Homelink. My trade should be worth around $11k since it's still an 06. I'm in Los Angeles, CA, so any dealers around here such as Sierra (Monrovia), Renick (Fullerton), or others will be the ones I'm looking at. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2007 OBP Legacy 2.5GT 5MT -

vBGarage

2001 SSM 3.2CL Type-S

I'm fairly new to the forums, I've always wanted a Legacy but I never found the need to jump until now. I need more room and more power and less attention from police.

I've never traded in a car for another car before. I was wondering what steps I should take in buying the car with a trade in so I don't get jacked by the dealer. I'm looking for a DGM 07 LGT 5MT. I don't need any options except for Homelink. My trade should be worth around $11k since it's still an 06. I'm in Los Angeles, CA, so any dealers around here such as Sierra (Monrovia), Renick (Fullerton), or others will be the ones I'm looking at. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The first rule of trade-in is don't trade in. Go private party and enjoy the extra cash. BTW, I'm assuming you only have the base impreza at you mention 11k for trade-in, but still. . .11k???

Looks like LGT should fulfill your needs just fine.

Did you drive it?

Try to sell your car first if you can.

Otherwise go to NADA web site and make printouts, do not forget to bring them with you when you go to a dealer.

I'll check out CarMax, I just want to trade-in to reduce hassle. Last time I went to CarMax, they offered me $8k for my excellent condition 01 Acura CL Type-S when it was worth at a minimum of $10k... I hope they give me a better deal this time. I test drove an 06 LGT 5MT, I loved it, but I like the split-fold rear seats and a couple other amenities that the 07 has. I can't wait to get into my LGT in less than a month. Thanks for the help so far guys, anymore suggestions would help out alot.

PS: I see alot of people down here buy from Santa Monica Subaru. I'm not sure who Reza is, but if you see this thread or if anyone can point him to this thread, that would help out alot. Thanks!

BTW: Here's a few shots of my Impreza before I sell it.

http://files.subtledream.com/photoshoots/24/27.jpg

http://files.subtledream.com/photoshoots/24/30.jpg

2007 OBP Legacy 2.5GT 5MT -

vBGarage

2001 SSM 3.2CL Type-S

As people have said, doing a private sale will get you more money for the car, but if you want to trade in a used vehicle with a dealer all you can really do is make sure you get a fair amount relative to what other dealerships would offer.

http://www.edmunds.com and http://www.kbb.com will each tell you what you can expect to get for your trade in or private sale. I imagine there are other websites with similar services.

The first rule of trade-in is don't trade in. Go private party and enjoy the extra cash. BTW, I'm assuming you only have the base impreza at you mention 11k for trade-in, but still. . .11k???

I sold my '96 LGT for $7000. Would have only gotten $4500 if I had traded it in.

However, the newer the trade, the more likely you'll get at least what kbb says. Older vehicles won't get you jack since the dealer will most likely send it to auction.

This is very true, so to the OP, go and take a look at the numbers that kbb give. The newer the car, the closer the dealer may give you to the trade-in value from kbb. Compare that number with the private party number and decide if it is worth it to trade-in. Most likely, it will still be a couple grand lower.

Archived