LegacyGT.com

I got smashed this weekend...

This weekend started out awesome and ended horribly. Saturday got to hang out with everyone over at FontanaMotorsports house for a CT meet and had tons go fun. Great weather and some awesome food led to some great times.

Anywho, Sunday night I am driving around New Milford. Heading through the light in the center of town right by the hospital and some young girl fricken smashes into me. Complete disregard to the right of way and claimed she "didn't see me."

I was going straight through the light and this dumb girl who apparantely is a new driver was going left. Anyway, she proceeds to try and make the turn in front of me when I am already halfway through the intersection.

I have been cut off here a countless number of times, but never this late. Of course I locked the brakes up and skidded right into her front bumper. Here POS accord comes out with only the front bumper f'ed up and you can see all the wonderful damage to my car.

Alignment was so badly messed up I had the wheel turned 90 degrees to the left just to drive it straight on the road. Looks like a new quarter panel, front bumper, headlight, rim, tire and whatever else got smashed. If shes lucky the hood will be alright.

What is with these teenage drivers and their sheer stupidity when it comes to the rules of the road? Shes lucky neither of us got hurt. I managed to hold my complete anger and rage inside over her just ruining my practically brand new car.

Will find out in a few days how much damage there is and how much it will cost to fix. Ill keep you guys posted.

http://f10.putfile.com/thumb/8/21912125838.jpg http://f10.putfile.com/thumb/8/21912134674.jpg http://f10.putfile.com/thumb/8/21912143370.jpg

http://f10.putfile.com/thumb/8/21912151098.jpg http://f10.putfile.com/thumb/8/21912162581.jpg http://f10.putfile.com/thumb/8/21912172325.jpg

Sympathies on the accident. I share your dispair for the state of skill of the drivers in this country. Good luck, and I hope your GT is returned to good as new condition.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

sux but maybe some good will come out of it. last time i got smacked into in the front the i ended up getting the car fixed but with some new body parts. :) not much avail for the legacy, but if you wanted a aftermarket grill now might be the time. perhaps the shop you deal with is cool and will just make you pay the difference. usually some good comes from things like this. hope thats true for you.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Sorry about your car. I have your same combo too. I am glad too you are ok. I hate drivers that CAN'T drive. I almost got hit by a girl in a Carolla learning from good old dad, and another much more senior guy in a Honda. I think our cars attract bad drivers like a magnet. Thank god for the safety and the power built into our cars. I hope everything work out ok for you. good luck to you.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

they blamed her for the accident...No way in hell it was my fault, I had right of way. Unfortunately nothing "moddable" got hit, otherwise I would be jumping all over that.

Altho I did just black out my headlights...Chances are when I get her back she'll have one chrome one and one black one. Drive around as two-face for a while :lol:.

Luckily she is insured, but I'm letting my insurance company handle it. Turn around will be a lot faster. Plus the shop we got it towed to is right across from the subie dealership I bought it from. Reputable shop with an adjustor on site that is certified through my insurance company (Good ol USAA).

Should have an ETA on it hopefully by tomorrow. Won't be back home for another two weeks or so, so hopefully it will be done by then

That looks like it'll rub right out... j/k. Glad neither party was injured.

Sorry to hear about the accident and especially the damage to your Leggy. USAA will get you fixed up in no time at all. If the front rim's not bent, I'd use it as a full-size spare since you'll want to replace the scratched/scuffed front one. And don't let them send it off to be sanded/repainted. Unless they do all four, it will never correctly match color/depth wise.

Couple things to look for:

Make sure that your front end didn't oil can (crush in and back out) against the front cam sprockets on that side. I've seen this before and there's usually engine damage to go with it as the cams/system unexpectedly slows down due to the impact. Just have them check it out to make sure.

Look your battery, windshield washer reservoir and any electrical componentry along that side over very closely. There could be hairline or larger cracks that you'll want to make sure they fix which may not be easily spotted unless you're looking specifically at the areas.

Anyway - good luck and keep us posted. Hopefully you'll be back on the road again soon.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

its not just the really young ones..but the really old ones too...i was driving my dads car and i stopped at a red light. i was going straight so i was kinda to the left of the right lane (where i was supposed to be) and i see a car pull up on the right of me...which usually is for people who are going to turn right (right on red is illegal at the intersection) i noticed it was an older woman and had a few dings on her car, so i said to my passenger "i bet you this woman is going to go straight" and so i waited a couple of seconds, and she did...it was the most ridiculous thing in the world. I wanted to honk at her for ten minutes but i didn't want her to freak out and cause any accidents. We need stricter driving laws in this country. Im only 18 and im not saying im a good driver but i know the laws of the road and in the two years since ive had my license ive been in zero accidents and gotten pulled over zero times.

im sorry you had to put up with the damage the girl caused to your car, her parents or her insurance will probably pay for it, but it still blows :(

I got smashed last weekend, too. Luckily, the Spec. was in the garage. Even good scotch will give you a headache if you drink enough of it.

The better the scotch, the worse the hangover.

P.

Just got the word...

Around 3k in damage. Pretty much all cosmetic. Will be getting all brand new direct from SOA parts. New front bumper, front fender, Rim, tire, and headlight. There was a bent tie rod also that they just found.

Measurements show absolutely no damage to the frame at all so thats good. Hood was also untouched. ETA is about 9 days, which just about works out with the end of the semester for me.

Should come back to me looking like new :icon_bigg

This weekend started out awesome and ended horribly. Saturday got to hang out with everyone over at FontanaMotorsports house for a CT meet and had tons go fun. Great weather and some awesome food led to some great times.

Anywho, Sunday night I am driving around New Milford. Heading through the light in the center of town right by the hospital and some young girl fricken smashes into me. Complete disregard to the right of way and claimed she "didn't see me."

I was going straight through the light and this dumb girl who apparantely is a new driver was going left. Anyway, she proceeds to try and make the turn in front of me when I am already halfway through the intersection.

Similar thing happened to me in my '90 GTi. Girl (new to the area) tried to turn the wrong way down a 1-way street while traffic was moving.. I hit the brakes, skidded into her 6-week-old Intrepid. She had a bumper dent. I had a new fender, new headlights, hood damage, etc..

HV

Archived