LegacyGT.com

Sucking sound from around black plastic intake on LGT Turbo

robinasu

Hi all,

Do you LGT Turbo guys hear a sucking sound from under the black palstic intake when you stomp on the gas. It is very noticable on my car.

I can hear it when I quickly stab the gas from idle. If I stab the gas from 3k I can also hear it.

The sucking sound is not from the turbo, intercooler, or intake for sure.

A friend and I both located the sound under the middle of the black intake.

Is this normal, or do I have a vacuum leak?

Just think of an engine as a big air pump...

The sound you are hearing is air being sucked into your engine (the turbo blows more air into your engine, but it has to suck it before it can blow it, so it sucks it through your intake).

huh huh, I said suck, and blow....

huh huh, I said it again....

I do not hear it...You know I've been wondering about that...I think I will take it to the dealer to have it checked out !...I think you should do that as well ! I was told the fuel economy goes down if you hear that ...and I do not want that to happen on my car but that is also not good if you do not hear it ! I am calling the dealer right now !

I do not hear it...You know I've been wondering about that...I think I will take it to the dealer to have it checked out !...I think you should do that as well ! I was told the fuel economy goes down if you hear that ...and I do not want that to happen on my car but that is also not good if you do not hear it ! I am calling the dealer right now !

So, you hear it too?

It says above you do not, but from the rest it seems you do, Mr. Ambiguous.

:)

If he was that's lame.

I'm gonna check the service manual and see if there is a vent around there. There is for sure some kind of leak going on - not sure if it should be.

Thanks.

when you say 'sucking sound near the plastic intake' - do you mean - from the plastic intake - ie: the intake directly behind the passenger side headlight - the one that also conspicuously sucks air into the engine.

like has been said already though - if you dont feel good about it, take it to the dealer. IF there is something wrong, it should be covered under warranty.

Archived