LegacyGT.com

Serious WTF moment

So today the most WTF moment ever happened to me while driving......

I am military and was traveling from my house onto Ft. Riley KS, it was around 105-107 outside today so I had all the windows down roof open and music all the way up. If you have never been onto a base.. to enter the Base you have to go through a gate where you stop and they check your identification before letting you on. So as im approaching this gate im listening to a variety music station and begin slowing down cars in front of and behind and as I get close I attempt to turn down my radio...NOTHING HAPPENS...

Nothing!! Im like what? i try changing station turning it off volume down.. everything... and as this is happening the variety station next song comes on to be a Barbara Striseand(sp?) song.. im getting closer like 50 meters away now and franticaly hitting everything imaginable to turn the radio station down off anything nothing!! its stuck at max volume to ole Barbara belting out the tunes...

So i pull up to the gate guard with barbara blasting outa my speakers and give him the most honest face i can and explain that im sorry but i cant turn it off or down... and that ill have to pull over past the gate to figure it out... he laughed i shrugged.....

I pulled off to the side of the road past the gate and start messing with the car turning it on and off... all to no avail... finaly i start hitting buttons in anger and well... turns out the number "1" button had been stuck in position therin not allowing ANYTHING else to work.... its working fine now but had just become slightly stuck.

I must say though never would have guessed something like that could cause me to NOT be able to turn the radio off.... gave me a mini panic attack that my car or I was going crazy...

Anyways hope someone out there got a grin from this.

Man that is hilarious. I wish I couldve seen that. Wouldve been priceless. Back in highschool I had a hobby of mixing bass into songs that well bass just doesnt belong in (Never gonna give you up (rick rolled :) my personal favorite, and brittany spears) Would always leave the beginning the same then let the bass drop and for those first 30 seconds of me blasting that kinda music I get the wierdest stares it was hillarious even better is when the bass hit (2 18s on 4000 watts) and their jaws drop. I have been in your situation before though just not at a base of course. I was listing to the radio in my car and I just installed a fold out touch screen (dual, crap quality) and was listening to a top 10 station that plays everything. And well some lady gaga comes on which i cant stand so i go to turn the volume down as fast as I can and wat happens?? the volume goes up and up even though im turing it down and finally just turn the dang thing off after some lady gaga blaring out my car. I felt pretty embarassed. Needless to say I returned that radio later in the week.

My radio has been doing the same thing. Except when I plug in my Ipod. It would play some System of a Down (syndrome) then the volume would go WAY UP (40) then way down (07). I cannot explain how it does it. It is the weirdest thing. It only started happening recently.

I think the worst part was when I turned off the Ipod (held the play button down for 3 seconds), I see the Ipod turn off, but the music from it kept playing. I think my radio is possessed.

I had the same problem in my 05lgt. It did it when I was driving it home from buying it. I was just cruising down the highway when suddenly I couldn't change the station, turn it down, turn it off or anything. I got so pissed that I pulled off the highway to figure it out. turns out one of the station preset buttons was sticking. I guess when a button sticks nothing else works until it pops back out.

Archived