LegacyGT.com

Catted.....Stupid to go Catless? (Yes, asked again)

TravisGT

Ok, I know this subject has been beat around but I want to ask again. Just when I am convinced one way, I read a post that sways me back a bit. I currently have Unequal length headers, catless UP, catted Invidia DP, Borla CBE. Oh, and it is an '05 LGT MT. I can't help but want to install a Catless DP. Yes, I have already forked the cash out for a Catted DP but I am getting ready to get the car tuned and I want to make sure most everything is on the car that I want so I don't need to pay for more tuning later (which will probably happen anyway). Much appreciated to all who will amuse me.

My $.02 says keep the DP you already have. If you're not pushing 325+HP, keep the cat. Especially if you live in a strict emissions state or county. Going catless can also possibly lead to fuel odors when idling and boost creep issues. You're leaving <5HP on the table at your mod level.

Keep what ya got and get a bigger TMIC or a FMIC before your tune

That is actually what I want to do. Funds control that though. Everytime I see a GB for the itsme fmic I get excited...until I check the bank account. I guess instead of wasting money buying another DP I could save it to get the FMIC. I am like a d*mn woman when it comes to car parts. Can't decide what I want and when I do decide what I want, I change my mind the next day.

I am like a d*mn woman when it comes to car parts. Can't decide what I want and when I do decide what I want, I change my mind the next day.

Don't feel bad, I'm the same way with wheels. One day I want RPF1's, the next I'm thinking Rotas are only a little heavier and a lot less $$$.:lol:Save the cash for a used Perrin or AVO in the classifieds.

do you need a remap with a catted DP? i know you will with a catless but with s sports cat pipe, can you safely fit it without retune? I know you get more gains with proper retune, but will probably be a few weeks between fitting and tune for me and dont want to be getting boost spikes, killing my turbo!

do you need a remap with a catted DP? i know you will with a catless but with s sports cat pipe, can you safely fit it without retune? I know you get more gains with proper retune, but will probably be a few weeks between fitting and tune for me and dont want to be getting boost spikes, killing my turbo!

I'm no expert but I would say it is highly recommended to get a tune. With most high flow cats the odds are high you are going to throw a CEL. I installed my Cobb right after bolting up my DP so I can't give you a first hand account.

Have your tune ready and with you when the downpipe goes on.

Archived