LegacyGT.com

When am I beyond my AP V2?

TravisGT

I have an 05 LGT MT. Currently I have these items installed.

Borla CBE

Invidia catted DP

K&N Typhoon CAI

Cobb AP V2

I am getting ready to order a set of headers for the car. Is the Cobb enough or does anybody think I need to do something else? Custom tune maybe? I would like some opinions from some people who know more than me. What are the recommendations? :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^^^ I agree. If your going to stay at the stage your at, then get a tune. When I was at your exact stage I threw in a new injectors and hta68. I didnt want to spend $400 on a tune, without doing more mods. Either way I would def get it tuned. Ita alot safer than those ots maps, especially with that typhoon

• Mega Users
The SPT intake is believed to be the worst intake for correct MAF readings. COBB OTS maps explicitly warn against using any after market intake systems, probably even aftermarket panel filters. They can cause a lean fuel mixture which could blow up your engine. The SPT thing is probably conjecture but if COBB warns against it, I would probably heed their advice

^ Good point, missed that he already has the AccessTuner software, but the OTS maps are not car specific. You can get safer and all around better results by fine tuning to the individual car. He should still log WOT 3rd pulls to make sure he's not pulling timing and that his IAM and AFR numbers are in good shape, even with the OTS maps.It's better to be safe than sorry. Also, Learning View is such a handy tool, make sure to use it and LOG LOG LOG!

He is already outside the range of an OTS map with the Typhoon. His AFR is already off. Needs to get a tune for that AP for his current set up, and it wouldn't hurt to retune after the headers to take advantage of the extra flow.

Infamous1 should be able to help, even with the AP.

Or sell the damn thing and use the money for an opensource tune and more mods. I did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
why are you buying headers?

I wasn't planning on getting a header. I bought an uppipe from a guy on Ebay. Only paid $30 for it. The listing had Legacy spelled wrong so I don't think anybody else could find it, let alone bid on it so I got it cheap. Guy had it listed as an Invidia so I thought I was getting a great deal. Once I got it I knew something was wrong. The EGT sensor plug was a lot bigger than the Legacy's. I could get it to bolt to the turbo but it was almost a full inch off. Bolt holes didn't come close. Anyways, I got pi$$ed off bad! Launched the uppipe which hit the shelving that my factory manifold was sitting on. It fell off and landed just right and broke one of the 2 bolt flanges. Again, pi$$ed, I ordered a header/uppipe combo from wesellcarparts instead of trying to fix it. Fits perfect and I like it but I think I am still paying on the credit card for that thing. Oh well.

Archived