LegacyGT.com

Bolt up turbocharger upgrade - Vol-2

so be careful when removing /handling the injectors for return

dw tried to say two of mine were "damaged " from removal

and so they only gave me rebate on two

trust me they were all fine!!

so i would snap a few photo's before you do send them in that way if they the same bs you at least have some type of proof

hindsight .....

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have sent hundreds of DW injectors back for a core refund. Of those maybe 2 have been refused. DW is not indiscriminately denying core refunds. There was something wrong with the injectors that made then unusable for a rebuild. Simple as that. A pic does not prove there was not an internal issue or even shipping damage.

Even if there were shenanigans (I believe there is not) 2 cores is better than 0 (what everyone else gives you).

If you have to do a SF to TF conversion, the price is not the same once you figure in the conversion parts needed.

Just saw JM post this SF to TF conversion setup that doesn't require the TF TGVs, but allows you to use any of the ID TFIs. Like that it's a complete bolt-on solution and includes everything you need to install your ID injectors.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I saw that setup a while ago SBT, and it's how I'd convert if I went to 1000cc or more. That solution doesn't come without a price though. I realize that one poster already had TF, and I was making more of a generalization about the cost of the conversion needing to be factored in.

Catalyst the NOT having to change out the SFI TGVs for TFI TGVs, whether OEM or converted/JDM-type, is a bonus. For $250.00 system price, you also eliminate the need for an AM fuel rail as well. Really like this option.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Catalyst the NOT having to change out the SFI TGVs for TFI TGVs, whether OEM or converted/JDM-type, is a bonus. For $250.00 system price, you also eliminate the need for an AM fuel rail as well. Really like this option.

Totally agree with you. I've already got the solution in my "wish list" as I'd like to consider 1000cc TF if I go with a bigger snail :cool:

My points were directly related to the post I quoted that said, "I second ID1000's awesome injectors. Drive just as good as the 750's and same price so no reason not to go with the 1000's." If you have SF in your car, DW740cc or DW850cc SF with rebate will be a lot cheaper than ID1000s, pigtails, and the T1 conversion setup.

There is no doubt to me that if you need >850cc, that there is no better solution than ID1000cc with a top feed conversion for performance and reliability.

Totally agree with you. I've already got the solution in my "wish list" as I'd like to consider 1000cc TF if I go with a bigger snail :cool:

My points were directly related to the post I quoted that said, "I second ID1000's awesome injectors. Drive just as good as the 750's and same price so no reason not to go with the 1000's." If you have SF in your car, DW740cc or DW850cc SF with rebate will be a lot cheaper than ID1000s, pigtails, and the T1 conversion setup.

There is no doubt to me that if you need >850cc, that there is no better solution than ID1000cc with a top feed conversion for performance and reliability.

According to some ID1000 flows only ca.900cc so no real advantage over DW850.

Not according to some. Proven via Flow Bench testing (RC Engineering) and the info given by the owner of ID. ID is too cheap to test their injectors with the industry standard testing fluid. So all ID flow numbers are high due to the fact that they are not following industry standards (due to cost). Makes me go Hmmmm... since ID is so highly regarded but too cheap to test their equipment using the same methods as every one else. Their injectors work nicely, but they dont flow as rated.

• 2 weeks later...
Total noob question. Any chance you guys would be willing to help out with a recommended parts list for replacing my blown vf40. Car is a 05 LGT with 121,000 on it. This is the second damn vf40 in 20,000 so I know I need to remove the oil line filters. I am just looking for some help picking out decent quality parts to go along with the upgrade without having to break the bank. I pretty much have decided on a BNR 16g. Any help you can give would be great. I would like to do the project for under $1500 if possible.

With that budget stay stock. Too many people who should never be considering an aftermarket turbo are. For $1300 you can have a new OEM turbo, complete install kit, 12month/12000 mile no questions asked warranty on the turbo and install it in a matter of hours. Back on the road. No modding, no tuning, etc.

With that budget stay stock. Too many people who should never be considering an aftermarket turbo are. For $1300 you can have a new OEM turbo, complete install kit, 12month/12000 mile no questions asked warranty on the turbo and install it in a matter of hours. Back on the road. No modding, no tuning, etc.

Interesting. What would be a proper budget for parts?

I just spent 4k for 100k maintenance parts, fuel upgrades, tune, and some supporting parts. In addition i still have to buy a turbo! One nice thing i was able to get everything i needed from Infamous so it was a one stop shop with great deals but things definitely add up. I could have gotten by a lot cheaper but I didn't want to half ass it. Spend some time reading this write up, very nicely done.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/turboi-wiki-twist-178684.html

• Moderators
I just spent 4k for 100k maintenance parts, fuel upgrades, tune, and some supporting parts. In addition i still have to buy a turbo! One nice thing i was able to get everything i needed from Infamous so it was a one stop shop with great deals but things definitely add up. I could have gotten by a lot cheaper but I didn't want to half ass it. Spend some time reading this write up, very nicely done.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/turboi-wiki-twist-178684.html

$4k...maintenance items...some other things? :confused:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• I Donated
$4k...maintenance items...some other things? :confused:

Yeah, I spent far less than that on my original turbo upgrade. The following are the parts I ended up with, including their approximate cost:

BNR 16G -- $850 incl. shipping and CC fee

IP&T oil line -- current price is $200

CNT catted DP -- $350 (originally went catless, but would recommend catted)

FMS UP -- $85

BP TMIC mod -- $100

E-tune -- $175

Miscellaneous swap parts

TOTAL: ~$1800-1900

Or if you want to not run of out fuel

$200 Wideband

$1000 BNR16G and filtered oil ine

$120 EBCS

$300-500 Downpipe

$430 Bosch V14 Injectors

$150 DW65C FP

$90 BP TMIC kit or AVO $800

$150 Forge BPV

$200 E-Tune

You're looking at about 2.5k-3.5k depending on what route you go.

Edited by Schrei Wolf

• Moderators
The benefits of fueling on a 16G with pump gas are negligible. They exist, but not worth the money IMO.

Quite a few people claim to max out or nearly max out stock injectors with a 16g. But yes, in terms of numbers I'm sure there's not that much more to be had.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(