LegacyGT.com

2nd Generation (and possible others) DIY Guides

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 1997 legacy 2.5 gt sedan. on my way from work my window broke a d slid all the way down so I opened the door and fixed the problem and it works but now my radio, door lights and dome light don't work I checked all the fuses. what's going on

The wire slice might be the culprit, however if you got smoke, that means there was a short somewhere (that sliced wire might have had something to do with that too.) Fix the wire, then check the fuse dealing with interior illumination, as it's possible the short caused it to blow.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • I Donated
I'm new to this and am not sure how to start a thread but want to ask a question. I'm wiring a 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback for towing behind my truck and I'm wondering if there is a good way to run wires from the tail lights to the front end of the car.

That is an incredibly stupid idea. You're going to burn up the center diff in the car faster than you can say "oops". Use a flat bed car hauler to tow it.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• 3 weeks later...
  • I Donated
Thread updated and some of the original guides have been restored. I also added Thomistopheles Morimoto Mini H1 Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit write up.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• 1 month later...

Been searching the threads looking for info on a 1998 outback heated seat thread ?? Anyone know of one ??

my switches for the seat heaters light up if you keep switching from high/low and what not but then the light turns off right away and the seats never heat. Could this be a fuse or maybe sht wiring ??

• 3 years later...
I'm new to this and am not sure how to start a thread but want to ask a question. I'm wiring a 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback for towing behind my truck and I'm wondering if there is a good way to run wires from the tail lights to the front end of the car.
There are many aftermarket Plug and Play trailer wiring kits for the back of your car 4 pin flat connector should be adequate splice it to the 4 pin connector on your truck as long as you don't have your hazards on it won't backfeed it will just turn your tail lights on and brake lights on

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

That is an incredibly stupid idea. You're going to burn up the center diff in the car faster than you can say "oops". Use a flat bed car hauler to tow it.
Is there a removable drive shaft for the rear diff

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk