LegacyGT.com

Have you gotten your 30,000mi maintenance?

scottybuckeye

If so, did you go to a dealer or an independent service? I'm trying to gage how trustable our Denver dealers are as I need to get this service done in the near future. I work close to Go Subaru South on Arapahoe, so that place would be nice. I've gotten an oil change and a couple small things done there. They've been fine so far (a lil ghetto, but oh well). I've also gotten oil changes done at Metro Subaru (an independent guy who's been around for a while), but they're about $15 more after the dealer coupon.

Oh, and also, do you guys change your AP map back to stock when taking the car in for dealer service? I have so far just to be safe though it is a bit of a hassle.

Thanks y'all.

I just got mine a couple days ago, and screw going to the dealership!! They tried to rip me off SOOO bad. They said it would cost around 375 bucks even though i have my 36,000 mile warranty! I went down to Meineke where i know the owner, and they only charged me 200 dollars for the same thing. Oh, and it also didn't void my warranty by going to a different place so thats nice:) Hope that helps somewhat, and good luck with not paying an arm and a leg!

I will be doing the Coolant change and Tranny change up on base. I do the oil change in my garage (:D Fumoto) and I just did the brake fluid flush and fill. Let me know if you want help...

Ted

:spin:

All I will say about the Suby dealer on Arapahoe is:

We just got the car back today for a brake fix and they some how managed to tear one of the front wheels up! Not happy at all. :mad: We took the car in a couple of weeks ago for a diagnosis of ER ss and they ordered the parts (which we had to follow up on after more than a week after not hearing from them, which they reordered). The car has come back filthy on the inside twice now with oel on the seat, steering wheel and door panel. The other parts they were suppose to order for the trunk will come in later and will follow up on the damaged wheel...

Parker

[ATTACH]39402[/ATTACH]

Just got mine done on Saturday (6/30) at Subaru of Gwinnett (GA). I had a 10% off coupon from Subaru and so the whole service cost about $400. They also machined the crappy rotors and that was covered by the warranty.

They told me it would be a while and gave me a loner to run around with during the day, which was nice because I had errands to do. It was a 2007 Outback. Man, I'm really having buyer's remorse now because the updated tuning to the 2.5i motor after 2005 makes a big difference. The engine pulls much more nicely than my 2005. The higher torque numbers really make things more pleasant.

Anyway, I haven't found a shop closer buy, so I go a fair distance to the dealership. But they do go out of their way for me since I've built a relationship with them.

I will be doing the Coolant change and Tranny change up on base. I do the oil change in my garage (:D Fumoto) and I just did the brake fluid flush and fill. Let me know if you want help...

Ted, are these the main services of the 30,000mi? Are there any other ones to make sure I get done?

All I will say about the Suby dealer on Arapahoe is:

We just got the car back today for a brake fix and they some how managed to tear one of the front wheels up! Not happy at all. :mad: We took the car in a couple of weeks ago for a diagnosis of ER ss and they ordered the parts (which we had to follow up on after more than a week after not hearing from them, which they reordered). The car has come back filthy on the inside twice now with oel on the seat, steering wheel and door panel. The other parts they were suppose to order for the trunk will come in later and will follow up on the damaged wheel...

Parker

[ATTACH]39402[/ATTACH]

Really?

I have had good warranty work done there. I had my rotors re surfaced and my clutch replaced. Mo issues. I am also at Stage 2 and did not flash back to stock, they didn't question it. No issues with GO Subaru on Arapahoe.

As far as 30k service, I did that myself. I think they were trying to charge like 500 for the service. Little steep for some fluid changes and inspection.

Archived