LegacyGT.com

Clutch - Confirm Fitment Before Purchase Plese

Metal2You

So the clutch on my 06 LGT 5MT has been slipping at full throttle for a while now, and for the last two days there is a distinct burnt clutch stink when stopped at a light, even after very mild driving. I'm afraid it is going to quit any day now.

I figure I should replace the flywheel too. Since the dual-mass flywheel can't or shouldn't be resurfaced, I should plan on buying a new flywheel along with the clutch and pressure plate.

Since the dual-mass flywheel sucks, even for a daily driver, I should get an OEM single mass setup and be done with the crappy stock setup once and for all.

I'm under the impression that an OEM 07+ LGT flywheel and clutch or an OEM 06+ WRX flywheel and clutch are both single-mass and will work for me. Is that correct? Is one considered a better option for a daily driver?

I'm going to get the TSK snout cover or whatever too. Might as well do it properly if we're going to be in there. A fried from work and I should be able to do the job, hopefully over the course of one weekend.

Thanks.

I found a post that claims the 07+ LGT flywheel and clutch setup is the exact same thing as the 06+ WRX setup, using the same parts.

Post #3 in this thread says the flywheels are the same part number : http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/dual-mass-flywheel-single-mass-flywheel-171570.html

Can anyone confirm this?

I got my parts from Fred Beans. They are close by and I get regular UPS deliveries the next day.

07-09 LGT clutch kith with flywheel and TSK3 snout kit feels like a better clutch overall. Pedal feel is a bit lighter, the new setup is a little more grabby but not too bad and better than the mushy feel the stock one always had.

The only thing I'm not pleased with is the engagement point is higher up in the pedal release. I've pretty much gotten used to it, but I may consider trying to adjust it once the new clutch is worn in properly.

Overall I'm very happy with the new setup. There is no chatter, box of rocks, or anything like that.

Archived