LegacyGT.com

How much do we weigh?

I have a friend who insists 2005+ Legacy's are just too damn heavy. I, for one, welcome the increased luxury items as a trade off, but it got me thinking...how much do we weigh exactly?

I know spec, transmission and trim level matter, so I'll put mine down and hopefully someone else can chime in with their experience.

I've seen stuff online varying between 3400lbs and 3700lbs.

Anyways, 2005 Legacy GT 5MT Limited.

How much do I weigh?

I wonder what the weight distribution is on this car.

On my old 1990 Volvo 740, I had the car weighed at a government facility, and it gave my weight distro as 55/45 front/rear, approx 3200 lbs total, which was pretty surprising.

I'll dig out my corner-balance spec sheet later. I want to say it was 11xx lbs on each front wheel and 950ish lbs per rear wheel after it was balanced w/ me in it and full tank of petrol. This is with a rediculous 46lb/wheel & tire combo.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

with aluminium hood and trunk it helps to control the weight, I wonder if all subaru has that

nope:lol:

Lightest is the 2005 Wagon, unlimited,MT.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I'll dig out my corner-balance spec sheet later. I want to say it was 11xx lbs on each front wheel and 950ish lbs per rear wheel after it was balanced w/ me in it and full tank of petrol. This is with a rediculous 46lb/wheel & tire combo.

So your car weighs 4000 lbs? Or am I mis-understanding the concept of corner-balancing?

A scale at my local track said mine weighed 3515 with driver and gas - but I don't trust its accuracy.

lol

So your car weighs 4000 lbs? Or am I mis-understanding the concept of corner-balancing?

A scale at my local track said mine weighed 3515 with driver and gas - but I don't trust its accuracy.

No. My "ishes" must be off. I tore my filing cabinet apart looking for the slip,but didn't find it.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

• 4 years later...

For informational reasons got my 05 weighted when taking metal to a recycler.

2005 Legacy GT Limited 5MT

Full tank of Gas, no driver

16G, Stage 2 Catted 2.5" SS Downpipe, Whiteline Rear Swaybar

3,450lbs

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

3400 lbs is pretty svelte for an AWD sedan these days. For comparison, the current STi weighs 3391 pounds, which is pretty much identical. A WRX is about 3300.

It's not going to feel like a WRX in weight, but it's not that much heavier, either.

My '05 non-limited 5MT wagon track car with a full tank no driver is 3250. Everything aft of the front seats has been pulled - rear seats, seatbelts and hardware, no spare tire, etc. the rear door cards and cargo area side trim remain but the weight on these is minimal. The rear seat backrest assembly is heavy! There is also a 3 lb weight inside the glovebox door that I pulled... Might get around to pulling the power window regulators and associated guts in the rear doors before next season starts

I weigh 250lbs =o

-Brian

Did not realize you were such a big boy...LOL

If somebody really need to know I can up stairs and get the 2005 Legacy brochure I got when I bought the car.

I also believe it might say the weight on the sticker in the door jam ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Did not realize you were such a big boy...LOL

If somebody really need to know I can up stairs and get the 2005 Legacy brochure I got when I bought the car.

I also believe it might say the weight on the sticker in the door jam ?

Hahahah.. down 15lbs in 2 months, and counting! Less big boy :cool:

-B

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hahahah.. down 15lbs in 2 months, and counting! Less big boy :cool:

-B

Good to hear, does the car seem faster too....LOL every 100bls is a 10th of a second...LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived