LegacyGT.com

strange problem

gus54

Ok I searched and couldn't find anything so here goes. I called my dealer about this and have an appointment set up for next week, but even they said, "this is a good one." I have an '11 Legacy. Lately I have noticed a funny taste in my mouth when I am in my car (insert jokes here). It's like when you start a propane grill before the flame comes on and you get that taste of propane in your mouth. It seems to be happening when the heat is on in the car. Would a cracked condenser or freon leak cause that kind of effect? I don't think I've ever inhaled freon intentionally so I don't know. It is odorless, just leaves an odd taste on my tongue. Am I going to die? :lol:

I normally put the heat on "mix" of defroster and floor. I spoke to a mechanic friend of mine who suggested I try running the heat without using the defroster and see what happens. I did that today and I don't think I noticed it as much. Anyone know if this is a known problem because the dealer said he has never heard of anything like this.

Archived