LegacyGT.com

05 legacy gt auto

New to the form but would like some feedback. Recently I bought this legacy gt. at 70k miles its cam had jumped time an broke of exhaust valve in cyl #3. Dealership ended up buying new short block,cam,heads,pistons, timing belt,cooling system,oil cooler oil,oil pump,turbo. The works yet bolted back to stock 70k miles exhaust system. The car has 90k miles now I've owned it for three months an have noticed some good ticking from engine bay and mild engine misses.Iam running full syenthic oil ,93 octane, Iam wanting to do full exhaust upgrade header pipe,uppipe,downpipe an out with no cats. An also upgrade Turbo an intercooler a few months from now. Should I have this engine checked out before hand to insure the ticking isn't something more?? I was thinking on checking valve lash ,compression,an possibly an leakdown test just to feel better about it.. any thoughts much appreciated.

Oh an also any thoughts on what would have caused that failure would be great. The person that owned it before me had every single oil change or service receipt the car had in its life time performed by dealership.. The oil was definitely changed on schedule.

Was the timing belt changed on schedule?

Otherwise, I would make sure everything is tip top before making any big upgrades like the turbo. If something is in fact wrong, it will only be magnified, more stressed, and break sooner with the added stress.

Was the timing belt changed on schedule?

Otherwise, I would make sure everything is tip top before making any big upgrades like the turbo. If something is in fact wrong, it will only be magnified, more stressed, and break sooner with the added stress.

schedule is 105k miles for the timing belt.

Yeah as far as I can tell it really seems as if the person that did own it really tried taken care of it. Everything's well documented the longest oil change I saw was was 3,500 miles. The invoice from dealership stated customer complains of knock from engine bay. Upon inspection vehicle had rod knock. Disassembled found scouring on cam journals.Buffed cam journals an put back together. Car ran fine until till test drive upon test drive cam jumped time broke of exhaust valve #3cyl. In return new everything. Yet 20k miles in iam hearing ticking an random little miss fires lower rpm range. Seems slower reving harder to make it move off the line than it was..

^ sounds like it had a hard life..

these engines seem to be noisy a good percentage of the time.

do you have miss fire at idle or at part or full throttle?

i just changed a coil on my bosses 07 lgt as he was having wot missfire

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Archived