LegacyGT.com

looking for lgt plse help!!!

jaf09

Hi guys i am new to the site and to subaru cars, i have two close to me for sale with the first one i drove i felt in love :).One is 2005 sedan 70600 new clutch and starter, 5mt couple small dents on left back door and couple of scuff marks ..12600$???

The other is 2005 lgt 5mt wagon 116000 new turbo and timing belt, clutch feels normal except right when releasing it there is a little wiggling feeling i would think is the release bearing, the body is perfect except for a little dent on front bumper????

Or should i look for different year i am so scared of the oil pick up issue i read about!?

PS: i also been considering the obxt!! better height:rolleyes: any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Wagon is very rare, but any transmission work is expencive unless you can do it yourself. Any oil pick up issue you have read about is very isolated. The larger oil problem is when the oil change intervals are too high and the oil cloggs a small filter that feeds the turbo (banjo bolt) and starves the turbo of oil causing failure. I would want a service history, but would opt for the sedan.

clutch feels normal except right when releasing it there is a little wiggling feeling i would think is the release bearing
That very well may be just hot spots on the flywheel. If infact thats the only problem, you can drive it just fine with out too much issue.... but that feeling in the pedal will not go ever away until you replaced the flywheel and it is not cheep. The trans/clutch must be removed to get the flywheel out and off the motor. Hope that helps.

Archived