LegacyGT.com

Summit Point Kart (this afternoon/evening? the future?)

blackops

Too much work, and a lack of discipline to get in really early on a Friday. Now I pay the price.

Traffic has closed my driving window to Orange, so I will instead go race some karts under these beautiful blue skies.

http://www.summitpointkart.com/

If you haven't done this, you are missing out. BIG TIME. It is hella fun and is very casual / come as you are. No gear, egos, or need for speed required, just a desire to pass your friends and flip them the bird. Also rubbing. Rubbin's racing.

While I am throwing this up right now, to sound the call for this afternoon, in the hopes I'll meet some fellow LGTers up there, (or can carpool from the Reston, VA area), we all could use this thread to plan future friendly race outings. (apologies if a similar thread exists)

Feel free to text me, alternatively to responding on this thread.

Maybe talk to some of you very soon?

-Dan

(703) 298-5833

It is about an hour from Reston / Sterling / Dulles. It is just barely over the border into WV. Not a bad drive at all once you get out of norVA traffic, almost all highway, pretty scenic.

Only issue is that once you get on rt-15, there isn't a whole lot in the way of food/drink.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gents, thanks for posting up your interest, I definitely hope to race some laps with you in the future.

A few things:

#1 IMO, SPK is more fun than ASGP in Sterling. I like that place fine, but we are talking the very same agile kart chassis' (RX-7) with 15hp engines instead of 5hp! (larger outdoor VS smaller indoor track) So you definitely get some serious straight-line zoom zoom.

This is true, even if you are a larger-sized person, provided the snug seat width is comfy.

#2 SPK runs specials very frequently. Going out for 4 hrs of unlimited karting for $65 (1/2 price KTP on most Fri & Sun evenings), is just a SUPER GREAT deal. FYI, I am not affiliated with them at all, I just think it is a blast and a great value.

#3 There are currently some extra promos going on as well, like once you get the $40 membership (includes a free $25 race), you can refer others and get race credit for it. Or the "Pro" and "Elite" qualifications / T-shirts, which I definitely have my sights set on.

You can even "like" them on Facebook/etc for a $5 or $10 discount.

More later, talk to everyone soon,

Dan

Archived