LegacyGT.com

So i saw this today.

Subies4Life

The more important question is why are you in a Kia?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Also voting range rover.

Also in for the Kia response haha :)

Haha the Kia is my moms car,i was in the back seat. My Legacy was in the garage at home. The prototype suv,had alot of body cladding on it,and i thought it was a Suzuki grand vitara at first. No other camo car was with it. The funny thing is as they turned left there was a cop in the middle of the road,probably thinking wtf. I didn't see her pull them over though. I thought it was cool to see a prototype car being tested out here. I've seen quite a few they're probably testing altitude or something. I think it's exciting because it keeps you guessing as to what they might be. I wish i took more pictures but we left as they were turning in. Pretty cool though nontheless. Thanks for the responses guys. I think it's either a Vitara or Range sport? It was pretty small so. Also another possibility is that it's the new GLK.

Why is this in the Subaru News & Rumors forum? It should have been placed in the Other cars & Other cars vs. the Legacy

Anyways, my vote is it's a GLK. Mirror and handles are a lot closer to the MB styling than the current LR/RR.

See links;

MB:http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalAssets/Vehicles/ClassLanding/2013/GLK/Feature/2013-GLK-Class-SUV-CH1_TXT.jpg

LR/RR:http://www.landrover.com/content/gl/gl/photos_and_videos/2876857/exterior/04-All_PV_L320_EXT_Overlay-850x425

My guess would be a new Jeep. But it could be anything. The short wheel base seems to restrict the alternatives, and the roof line makes me think either US or Asian.

I just realized that if I ever needed a competent SUV for offroad use I would look up a Lada Niva.

453747.png

+1.

I doubt they would do testing of a Mercedes or Caddy in CO.

:lol:

Seriously? Like, seriously????

GM definitely tests their vehicles out here, including Cadillac. As for Mercedes, I can report that they've definitely tested an AMG version of the E coupe, which has sadly not yet come to fruition (not that I could afford it).

I have seen more mules out here than I could count, but immediately jumping to mind are fleets of Audi, BMW (Stay at the Holiday Inn in Frisco, CO), Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat, Honda, Mercedes, Ford, GM of varying brands (definitely Chevy and Caddy), Isuzu, and I know I'm forgetting a couple. I'm sometimes amused that they camo some of the cars because it often draws more attention to them than if they just left them in plain skin.

:lol:

Seriously? Like, seriously????

GM definitely tests their vehicles out here, including Cadillac. As for Mercedes, I can report that they've definitely tested an AMG version of the E coupe, which has sadly not yet come to fruition (not that I could afford it).

I have seen more mules out here than I could count, but immediately jumping to mind are fleets of Audi, BMW (Stay at the Holiday Inn in Frisco, CO), Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat, Honda, Mercedes, Ford, GM of varying brands (definitely Chevy and Caddy), Isuzu, and I know I'm forgetting a couple. I'm sometimes amused that they camo some of the cars because it often draws more attention to them than if they just left them in plain skin.

You are right. It''s funny how they go to all that work to hide minor styling cues so the competion doesn't know what they are doing. Some of the styling changes are as subtle as making the rear side windows curl up, curl down or cut down at a sharp angle.

Archived