LegacyGT.com

I used to run Mobil 1 in my WRX for 80k miles then switched to Shell's Rotella-T 5w-40 Synthetic after hearing all of the mobil 1 issues. I like the Rotella-T because it doesnt burn off as fast as the Mobil 1.

Jay

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

I used to run Mobil 1 in my WRX for 80k miles then switched to Shell's Rotella-T 5w-40 Synthetic after hearing all of the mobil 1 issues. I like the Rotella-T because it doesnt burn off as fast as the Mobil 1.

Jay

Ah what do you know, your from Ellington LOL....Now up here in Somers, I use dino oil, whatever is on sale.

I say don't waste your money on the expensive stuff, these things are going to use oil any ways. Just learn to check it and learn how much it likes to drink. I check mine at least weekly and top off with fresh oil as needed.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Ah what do you know, your from Ellington LOL....Now up here in Somers, I use dino oil, whatever is on sale.

I say don't waste your money on the expensive stuff, these things are going to use oil any ways. Just learn to check it and learn how much it likes to drink. I check mine at least weekly and top off with fresh oil as needed.

Listen at least ellington has a grocery store, what does summers have one gas station and a chinese resturant:lol:

Rotella-T isnt expensive its about $23 from Walmart for the amount needed;)

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Listen at least ellington has a grocery store, what does summers have one gas station and a chinese resturant:lol:

Rotella-T isnt expensive its about $23 from Walmart for the amount needed;)

Hey, we got a high priced Gisslers now. At least we don't have all the cow's and the nice smell they give off...how hot is it today..:)

I just paid $27.50 I think it was at Walmart for 2.5 gallons of Rotella last month, price went up :(

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Hey, we got a high priced Gisslers now. At least we don't have all the cow's and the nice smell they give off...how hot is it today..:)

I just paid $27.50 I think it was at Walmart for 2.5 gallons of Rotella last month, price went up :(

i didnt grow up in ellington but i have to live here now (3 years) grew up in Shelton. If it wasnt for ellington you wouldnt have any milk Sir:lol:

yea a hot day in ellington pisses me off its so gross.

that sucks price hikes suck :mad:

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Yea, somehow I knew the milk card was going to be thrown out there. LOL

Take care buddy, keep cool.

:)

The choice of oil is critical so it is good to spend some time researching this important issue.

You say some time, I'm sure you mean a lot of time. I believe this has been discussed here before one or two times. Ok may be a few more then that :)

Oh my goodness, get off the Mobil 1 burning oil thing. :lol:

I recently switched to Motul, but seriously, the past 30K, my car ran Mobil 1 and ran like a champ, even for my lead foot.

But yeah, this topic has been discussed a bazillion times. Use the search feature and you will see that Bazillion is not even high enough a number to use for how many times this topic has come up. :lol:

Oh my goodness, get off the Mobil 1 burning oil thing. :lol:

I recently switched to Motul, but seriously, the past 30K, my car ran Mobil 1 and ran like a champ, even for my lead foot.

But yeah, this topic has been discussed a bazillion times. Use the search feature and you will see that Bazillion is not even high enough a number to use for how many times this topic has come up. :lol:

End of thread. All in favour?...

if you dont know anything about oil or your engine just stick to dealer oil u cant go wrong with it. nothings wrong with sticking with non syn oil.

Agree

Most important point(s)- check the level, and change regularly...

Oh wait...this thread is over...isn't it? ...

And if Mobile 1 has bad things written about it- please share the articles...

For Mobile 1 - use the search.

Also be aware that the oil the dealers use is the cheapest that they can get away with - not necessarily the best. Remember that they do want to sell new cars now and then too.

453747.png

What is this oil thing your engine needs and why even use it? I switched from Mobil 1 to Rotella-T and this weekend I am gonna use Crisco 0w-0 sh*t is gonna be SICK !!!!!:lol:
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

What is this oil thing your engine needs and why even use it? I switched from Mobil 1 to Rotella-T and this weekend I am gonna use Crisco 0w-0 sh*t is gonna be SICK !!!!!:lol:

You got to get away from the cow's man, the smell is affecting your brain. LOL

The guy just joined the site last month, give him a break. Even if he did search, you know what he would find? A bunch of other threads where people ask about motor oil, only to get made fun of and told to search. Yes there is a sticky, but oh well lighten up.

Anyways, if I had a GT I would run synthetic. If I had any turbo motor, I would run synthetic. Do you NEED to run synthetic? No, of course not. Will you do any harm running synthetic? Not a chance in the world. Many people run shell rotella t, which is a good oil but not the one I would choose for my car. I would run whatever synthetic you can get at a good price. Pennzoil platinum comes to mind @ $21 for a 5qt jug, I think walmart has Mobil 1 on sale for the same price, and sometimes advance auto parts and autozone have good synthetic oil/filter deals.

Archived