LegacyGT.com

In need of some help...

I have this damn squeaking noise coming from my car and I am unable to identify what it is. It's been persistent for roughly three months now; at first, it was suggested on these forums to be a leak in the up pipe, but I had that checked and it appears to be fine. Subaru finally ruled it out to be my exhaust rubbing on my bumper, which I shortly discovered was not the case :lol:. So, after exhaustively searching I can not find what could be causing this. Anyone have any ideas?

The confounding element of it all is that it doesn't seem to be suspension related. It literally will come and go arbitrarily and happen at any time.

Yeah I have one but it doesn't really capture the sound really well...I'll post it in a hours.

What I'm thinking:

1. Maybe a rock between the rotor and pad/caliper? I think the sound did start after I was drifting around a dirt field. But would it continue on this long?

2. Belt/pulley?

3. Preload on my coilovers? But it doesn't send to be induced by bumps which is why I don't think it's this.

You need to drive the car next to a big wall so the sound will echo off the wall. You may be able to learn more as to where it may be coming from.

Find a shopping plaza and drive by the side of it.

It could be as simple as a brake backing plate is bent or a heat shield.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I solved it today. There was a bolt missing by my down pipe and the thread it connects into was messed up if that makes any sense. Just wanted to post that up if anyone ever has a similar problem. I don't know how the hell it fell out.

Archived