LegacyGT.com

These cars are so handy!

We've been using our H6 OBW to pull our boat. It's fabulous. Easier than using the old F-150 (& about 2X the HP & TQ, to boot). Only downside is we now have to be a bit more careful getting into the OBW with wet feet.

That'll work......Good deal......I remember a salesman at our dealership mentioning a leggy owner traded his in on a 3.0 Outback sedan so he can have better clearance to launch their boat at the ramps......

I put a twin size mattress in my wagon and was able to close the rear lid.:)
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

ive got but loads of room in my BH9 im a dj and when we do our raves can fit the majority of the sound system in there and it is a large club sound system. i love it for the room beats my civic coupe!

03 BH

Mods: Group A Alt & Crank Pullys and end links,

CIA, JDM L7 Grille, JDM HID lights, JDM rear tails

Stromung CBE, KYB GR2's W/ H&R springs.

My wife wouldn't let me use my Legacy to pull them out so I used her Outback! :spin:

Now that makes sense...NOT!! I guess you showed her, eh?!?

I used my wife's 02 Forester to yank out some old evergreens a couple of years back. One particular root ball was being stubborn, so I gave it a bit more gas and left 4 black patches on the asphalt driveway. I didn't expect the little 2.5L to have the grunt to turn all 4 wheels, but it did. Cutting a couple more root runners allowed to stump to come out quietly and not launch itself through the back window...whew!

I always laughed at my friends during the dorm years who's parents had to bring the minivan or pickup to move all of their crap. Load it to the gills, and I can move my entire existence in one trip.

And pulling shrubbery with a wagon is boss. :D I did that back when I was 14 with my dad's Celebrity wagon, but I got heat stroke and can't remember it to well... fun times...

We've been using our H6 OBW to pull our boat. It's fabulous. Easier than using the old F-150 (& about 2X the HP & TQ, to boot). Only downside is we now have to be a bit more careful getting into the OBW with wet feet.
Me too!

http://www.geocities.com/theseventhfirst/melgesrf.jpg

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• 3 weeks later...
My wife wouldn't let me use my Legacy to pull them out so I used her Outback!

I took your hint and didn't even ask; I just grabbed the Outback keys and went for it. And "handy" describes it well.

But, to pull the dying palm tree down, I used the front tow-eye and a come-along, with the car simply as an anchor. I figured the XT's turbo might kick in and cause the car to dig a hole in the lawn before I could put a stop to it.

Still, it worked. But it makes me want an electric winch. :D HPH

Brunswick pool table slates in the OutBack XT ~

Long story short ~ Left Atlanta GA (30004) Saturday at 5am driving non-stop to Chester NY (10918). loaded two of three (225lbs. each) slates from a Gold Crown III 9' professional pool table, turned right around heading back to Atlanta continuing to drive for an hour or so. (had a 3/4" plywood platform installed to harness the 2 slates lying flat - gotta Luv the Subi wagon.) Day Two: I was home Sunday by 8-9pm. The XT averaged 22 MPG for the 1800+ mile excursion, all the while scooting 8 to 10+ mph above posted interstate limits. "white Line fever Baby"... ala Starbucks ~

(edit: did I mention the "dual-climate control" is a dysfunctional POS! F...you Subaru)

Go Subi ~

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

VVG, what kind of sailboat? I tow a relatively small Snipe with our OB.
It's a Melges 24. One reason I got the H6 this time. The boat itself is very light, but with all the gear on the trailer is between 3,000 and 3,200 lbs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s-EzoUkKMg]YouTube - melges 24 hyeres 2006 (1)[/ame]

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived