LegacyGT.com

Cali move to Oregon

spiderman71

Unfortunately self serve is illegal in OR... Get a locking cap so they don't put regular in before you can say otherwise.

BIG +1

I've had a few places jump the gun on me and try to give me fuel less than OR's premium.

My wife and I drove the PCH from San Luis Obispo, CA all through the coast of OR and into Seattle, WA. Oregon, out of all three states was the most beautiful in my opinion. Hardly any Oregonian tailgated me and needless to say all the butthole drivers on the roads up there had CA and WA plates.

How is speeding/enforcement in OR? I.e. what's the cops tolerance?

I read few horror stories of speed traps there.

We went up through I-5 from the southern border to Portland...

...we slowed down for the major cities (Salem, Bend, etc.)...

I went though for christmas and just set the cruse control at about 70 and didn't see andy staties. But then again, we were taking it easy and had our kittens with us.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

don't speed on the highways and you'll be okay. everything is cheaper and easier in oregon.

i would suggest moving to eugene and run a straight pipe out the fender, anything goes...

i love he sounds of oregon! that's why i started this particular thread. for me, it's a big difference from sacramento. i'm in portland right now checking things out and i miss the weather of the pacific northwest! reminds me of my hometown victoria, b.c.! that's in canada for the rest of you:lol: . no, it's not victoria island by the way. check the map.

Just got back from Oregon! Very nice. Everyone drives a lot slower there. Flew into Portland and stayed there until Thursday and just flew back out of Salem.

Headed out to Multnomah Falls yesterday and took some great pics and also went to Powell Books downtown Portland. I would like to post a few as thunbnails on this post but still having problems with it. Help anyone:confused:

Each time I saw any Subies out there I felt an emptiness in my heart:wub: :lol: . Boy I really got to see how well our vehicles can be put to use in the upper climates. Saw a lot more Outbacks and Foresters on the road. Only one LGT (sedan) I saw though in beautiful Atlantic Blue. My heart dropped even more when I saw her. Saw a couple of WRX's no STI's. Glad to be back home so I can drive my baby around. Sure beats the Hyundai Accent that I had for a rental car:icon_bigg .

:( Define slower...

Driving around the city 30-35mph. I-205 50-65mph I-84 east 50-55mph to Multnomah Falls, I-5 south to Salem 55-70mph. Sure there were "a few" going a little fast but not many. I am use to going with traffic 10-15mph here in Cali but you know what... it's all good. Nice to be saving a little more gas and not feeling like being in the rat race. I really enjoyed it!:dm:

^^

It's really not, if you consider what happens to a car hitting another car at 70mph. I personally am excited to move back to Oregon and drive like a totally normal person with California plates! That is, until I get my Oregon plates back, cuz they're like way cheaper.

My wife and I relocated to Oregon a couple years ago and have never second guessed our decision. We too, came from Sacramento but my family was originally from here. I miss pumping my own gas in CA because the attendants here are often slow and sloppy. One however complimented our LGT in Cave Junction. School zone speeds are strongly enforced in our town which is good. Beware of motorcycle cop speed traps in Portland on I-205 and the various local photo-enforcement vans. Oregon rocks!:icon_bigg

^^

It's really not, if you consider what happens to a car hitting another car at 70mph. I personally am excited to move back to Oregon and drive like a totally normal person with California plates! That is, until I get my Oregon plates back, cuz they're like way cheaper.

Hey 4S-Turbo, I get you on the comment of driving normal in OR. That is what I found amazing. When I was in the rental car I felt something different. Hmmm.. was it the tin can Hyndai Accent, the feel of the road or wait...... everyone is driving a slower pace. I felt a sense of bliss!:)

Archived