LegacyGT.com

Innovative LC-1 questions

Markbo

Dave at Cryotune is out of town this week so I cant ask him. Last week I was doing a log run in Romraider with Tactrix cable, watching dashboard LC-1, AFR & RPMs. LC1 data just died...all zeros.

Finally git some time and had my laptop checked out just in case and all is well. Plugged it all up for a run this morning and LC1 #s seemed too low so did a heat and air recalibration. Hooked it all up again and they are still low. All rough numbets here - AFR is reading 14.5 idle and 11.8 getting on it. LC1 is reading 4.5 - 3.5 @ those times.

Is this normal or is there something wrong with my LC1???

BTW I checked Lamda & other fuel readings and noticed the data is exactly the same if I choose diesel AFR or gasoline AFR

The wiring is truly terrible. Its a big reason why I switched to an AEM, no more headaches of having a WB02 randomly go out. If it is a sensor, you should be able to find the sensor locally at Autozone. IIRC its the same sensor used for an Audi/VW.

I ran one daily for years. I have another that was used for tuning on multiple vehicles and has been permanently installed for various periods of time in about 4 differe t vehicles. Unless thi gs have changed, RTFM and you won't have massive issues related to wiring.

The AEM is a much more "user friendly" unit, but the lack of flexibility can be a disadvantage depending on one's needs.

Get an MTX-L. It is the updated version where there is no separate control box. It is all in the gauge. I love mine. Not sure about the LC-1 but with the MTX-L it has analog wires also so you can run it in place of the factory wires instead of having to put another bung in and run it separate. Has a connection for data logging too so you wouldn't be losing that.

Get an MTX-L. It is the updated version where there is no separate control box. It is all in the gauge. I love mine. Not sure about the LC-1 but with the MTX-L it has analog wires also so you can run it in place of the factory wires instead of having to put another bung in and run it separate. Has a connection for data logging too so you wouldn't be losing that.

The MTX-L is not the updated version... Its just for a simpler instal...

The LC-2 is the updated version;)

I have both, they both work.

I would pick up another sensor at your local auto parts store and test that.

Are you using the serial connection, or 0-5v analog to check afr?

The MTX-L is not the updated version... Its just for a simpler instal...

The LC-2 is the updated version;)

I have both, they both work.

I would pick up another sensor at your local auto parts store and test that.

Are you using the serial connection, or 0-5v analog to check afr?

Really? Hmm I thought it was. Oh well. Works great and I like it :lol:

If it is just the sensor, you'll be able to find the Bosch 17014 sensor at any auto parts store to replace.

I've gone through at least 2 sensors before I took over the tuning on my vehicle. It was running too rich and fouling out the sensors. Ever since I took that over, I've had the same sensor for nearly 3 years permanently installed. I've recalibrated a few times over the years. Otherwise, my LC1 has been okay.

Ok...a little update. After 3 tries I finally got a return email from innovative motorsports and got some more guidance. Set up as usual log works reads the lc1 normally. At the same time Romraider is reading...nothing.

The output voltage is lower than what IM said it should be (reading 0.111v & should be 4.0-4.5v) so I dont know if that would account for it. So all I know for certain is the sensor is working. But I dont know why Romraider cant read it.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok...a little update. After 3 tries I finally got a return email from innovative motorsports and got some more guidance. Set up as usual log works reads the lc1 normally. At the same time Romraider is reading...nothing.

The output voltage is lower than what IM said it should be (reading 0.111v & should be 4.0-4.5v) so I dont know if that would account for it. So all I know for certain is the sensor is working. But I dont know why Romraider cant read it.

If logworks is seeing the widband, you have a romraider issue.

Is the com port setup correctly in romrader?

Plugins -> inovate wideband -> com##

You can not use romraider and logworks to view the Lc1 at the same time.

One thing I had to do with romraider is delete all other plugins from loading and only allow the lc-1 to load. Also, be sure to load the lc-1 after romraider has connected to the ecu. The sequence should be to load romraider-->connect to ecu-->load lc-1 plug in.

To delete other plugins browse to the romraider folder, find plugins and delete all but the lc-1.

Welp, I changed out the O2 & have the same issue. LC-1 is reading way lower than the stock unit - which is in the correct range. Soooooo after getting my laptop serviced and the car checked out it HAS to be the LC-1 malfunctioning. I cannot test otherwise but I have no reason to believe it is Romraider since all othe parameters appear normal.

I suppose at this point I have to replace it with an LC-2 unless anyone can recommend a different/better wideband scanner that works with Romraider. Open to any advice & suggestions.

Archived