Who has done the VDC/MP3 swap?

gfxdave99

Did you swap to the MP3 Unit  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Did you swap to the MP3 Unit

• Yes with no problems
    • Yes with issues
    • No I have not

Just as some ammo to bitchsmack my dealer I'd like some numbers on who has actually done the swap and / or any issues you might have had. Please vote above.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I'm holding off on voting until my damned unit comes in. Still on national backorder. This is really pissing me off!

Hmph.. so even if i wanted one I couldnt find one basically.. well that suxors..

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Search can be your friend. rao has done the swap, and is living happily ever after. No hassles, no nothing. It's an easy, perfect swap.

Kevin

I understand that, I just want a number so I can say "XXX people have done this swap"

Hmph.. so even if i wanted one I couldnt find one basically.. well that suxors..

Whoa cowboy! I didn't say that. Jamie (Subie Gal) should have 4 or 5 by the 23rd, and mine is scheduled to arrive around the 17th, but I'm trying to get that one cacelled to get it through Jamie as the dealer here is kind of pissing me off. So they're available, just not tomorrow.

I had to have my stock unit replaced and tried to get my dealer to do a swap for me if I paid the difference. They wouldn't do it because of how they got reimbursed for the warranty, but they were willing to do the swap if I ordered one.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I finally got it in tonight. After a brief scare with no climate control (my heart sank) I checked everything and found that I had bent a pin slightly and with a small adjustment with a screwdriver, climate control worked flawlessly when reinstalled!

When I say bent a pin slightly, I mean I tried to plug the wrong plug into the spot ... Yeah, hopefully no one else would be that dumb on that one ;)

Wonderful wonderful swap. I'm quite happy!

I'll write a full review in my thread tomorrow.

Archived