LegacyGT.com

ItalianLegacy 3.6R Official Thread

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/08/5egeby2u.jpg

That straight pipe is roughly where the OEM catalitic converter would be...not sure how you are going to fit a cat...oem or aftermarket.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

ooo don't u worry my friend we will make it fit heh same as we always do.

I am eagerly waiting to see that TMIC fitment.

If you can pull that off, I will be one step closer to a supercharger and the dog house.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

sub 5 seconds with no launch. Likely better in cold weather

ftfy

Need time slips.

I can email you my runs using the "car performance" app. I am either dead on 5 or a shade below with launch...at least three times on different days.

I am sure Italian has that beat by half a second.

Still...would love to see him do a 1/4 me after intercooler, headers, and tune.

Edited by fredrik94087

Yeah, I know that data is out there but there are too many variables with those and they just end up being an estimation at best. We need to get some drag slips. I'd love to see what these modded 3.6s are doing. ;)

By the way, how are you guys launching these? Just brake + throttle and hold at certain RPM then release brake + smash throttle?

I am either dead on 5 or a shade below with launch...at least three times on different days.

I'm usually around 5.2-5.3 without a launch on Torque and 5.0X-5.1 with a launch, so Italian can definitely be faster than 5 with how much more power he has than me.

By the way, how are you guys launching these? Just brake + throttle and hold at certain RPM then release brake + smash throttle?

Brake + Throttle in manual mode, around 2500RPM let go and push the gas in about half way to the floor and then apply more throttle smoothly. Atleast on my car if I just go straight to the floor it doesn't seem to respond as quickly... There's more to it than just flooring it if that makes sense... I don't know why (There's probably a legitimate reason), but that's just what I've found.

Yeah, I know that data is out there but there are too many variables with those and they just end up being an estimation at best. We need to get some drag slips. I'd love to see what these modded 3.6s are doing. ;)

Exactly brake, throttle and hold. Unfortunately, rev limiter kicks in at 2500 rpm...so best we can do is 2000 rpm.

Tune that SH@# limiter out!

Funny you say that. The only rev limiter my tuner raised was the one at 6500 rpm. However, it did nothing for raising my shift point.

I can live with no launch. I wish I had shifts 500 rpm higher than now. That would translate to me being able to downshift earlier as well.

So question for Veteran Subaru owners, My car after driving a while will go into a limp mode but not throw a cel. in third fourth an fifth it wont rev much past 2.4k but the odd part is no cel. Anyone familiar with this behavior? our possible solution is that maybe the oil temp is too high so we have an oil cooler going on. this mostly happens when its above 80 outside, on cool mornings/nights it drives fine. Let me know your thoughts because its got me stumped. thank you.