LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question which I am sure has been discussed before...

How hard was it to readjust the L/R beams of your headlights? And are you satisfied with it?

I am guessing if you don't do anything, the driver side will point too high while the pass. side will point too low.

Quick question which I am sure has been discussed before...

How hard was it to readjust the L/R beams of your headlights? And are you satisfied with it?

I am guessing if you don't do anything, the driver side will point too high while the pass. side will point too low.

It’s not the aiming of the headlights that is different on RHD, it is the cutoff on the light output. With RHD, the lights are designed so that they light up the side of the road where road signs would be and not blind oncoming traffic. Flip that around on LHD and you are blinding oncoming drivers and not getting stray light on the side of the road for road signs. It isn’t THAT extreme but a slight adjustment down of the headlights avoids blinding oncoming drivers. The JDM headlights put out a lot more light because they are HID and I added some upgraded Sylvania bulbs. I figure as soon as I wire up the headlight leveling adjustment I’ll be able to bring them up when I really they need them.

Edited by WRX USA

A different question which has probably been addressed as well in the past...

do the jdm outback fenders for 08+ are the same as the usdm fenders for 08+?

No

facelift JDM fenders for Outback and Legacy are both different than their USDM counterparts

Negotiating with the ebay seller as we speak ;).

Did you ever get a nose clip delivered to your residential address?

I did get the whole clip delivered by freight. They dropped the whole thing off in the drive way. I had to remove the parts piece by piece, and moved the leftover radiator support once all parts I needed were stripped. The whole thing can be lifted with two people but I was by myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. Cause I mean it should not be that heavy at all, but it is bulky for sure.

It's just that the seller is charging 295 for shipping to a business address or 'terminal' (whatever that means). I asked if he were to ship to a residential address, it would be an additional 55$. And then another 55$ if they have to drop the whole thing on your driveway. So essentially, 400$ shipping :eek:.