LegacyGT.com

Wheel squeak on passenger side... bearing? Brake?

The sound is a constant squeaking that is present regardless of speed or gear. I was thinking it's something to do with the brakes, maybe the clips, because when I apply the brakes the sound stops. The sound is pretty loud with the pass. window down but I can't hear it with the windows up.

Nothing looks out of the ordinary on the brakes just from looking at it parked. Should I put it on stands and check it out or is there another probable cause for this problem?

It could be that your front inside cv joint boot has split and let the grease out causing the joint to wear and start squeaking. This is a function of that boot being so close to the exhaust.

Guys I just used ceramic brake parts grease, the sound went away totally. Then my pads squeaked for a little bit but again they've stopped.

Damn, guess I didn't need to drop that cash on new brake pads.

• 1 month later...

I have this same problem. Only after the car is warmed up. Nothing visually is wrong. Brakes don't feel like they are stuck. Right front passenger wheel. Below 20mph, rotational squeak. Heard best in a garage or next to other cars. Wheel intact, bearings have no play.

What did you grease?

I have this same problem. Only after the car is warmed up. Nothing visually is wrong. Brakes don't feel like they are stuck. Right front passenger wheel. Below 20mph, rotational squeak. Heard best in a garage or next to other cars. Wheel intact, bearings have no play.

What did you grease?

Just cleaned and greased every surface the pad touches- the abutment clips and the backs of the pads. Also double checked that the squealer tabs weren't bent or anything.

I don't think whether the engine was warm had anything to do with my problem, but it's definitely a good idea to clean and grease everything.

hmmm i think i need to grease my brakes too. which grease did you use or any is fine. my first brake job:)

Permatex ceramic brake grease, it's $15 for a tub online but I think I found it in small packets at my local auto parts tore.

Don't forget to grease the Slide Pins, they are know to freeze after a few years. When they start sticking, the pads start to rub against the rotors while driving.
My wife's balls are delicious.

Don't forget to grease the Slide Pins, they are know to freeze after a few years. When they start sticking, the pads start to rub against the rotors while driving.

Good call, I forgot to mention those but I definitely greased those too

Archived