LegacyGT.com

someone take a look at these logs please ver 2.0

DrewLGT

I pulled some logs of my stage 1 5eat a while back and they looked terrible. someone suggested that maybe i had some bad gas, so i babied it and ran all that gas out. now i have these logs and unfortunately they dont look much better. so i reverted to the stock map and pulled another log. i dont know if the cobb stage 1 map just isnt good for my car, or if there is actually something wrong with my car. any help would be greatly appreciated.

logstg1.pdf

logstock.pdf

Your stage 1 log looks terrible. :eek:

Your stock log looks normal except you have 2 deg timing pulled at 5362-5399 rpm. I see this a lot when the torque converter locks up. If you log MPH as well as RPM, you'll be able to tell exactly where the TC locks up.

EDIT: I see that it is a Cobb OTS.

hmmm

i'd almost say reset your ecu to clear out any learned IAM and then re-run stage 1 logs just to rule out some factor from the past.

Mike

can i use the reset ecu option on the AP, or do i need to unhook the battery?

well, try with the AP function, then open your logger and make sure the IAM is reset to 1.0.

If it is, then I think it did reset ECU learned behavior, and then re log her.

Mike

i used the ap and unhooked the battery. IAM is at .75???

ok. i reset the ECU and flashed the 93oct stage one map again. i'm a total noob when it comes to reading logs, but i think these look a little bit better. KC stays positive through most of the log, but dips .5 into the neg in the upper revs. anyway, any advice on what i could try next would be appreciated.

stageonev2.pdf

Don't use the 93 octane map. Try the ACN 91 map.

Your IAM is dropping from 1 to 0.88. That's not good. That's not from a previous run. The IAM is dropping because of this run.

And you've got a lot of timing pulled all over the place.

BTW, don't look at whether KC is positive or negative. Look for DELTA KC. An easier way to look for knock is to use enginuity and log feedback knock correction and fine learning knock correction.

Don't use the 93 octane map. Try the ACN 91 map.

Your IAM is dropping from 1 to 0.88. That's not good. That's not from a previous run. The IAM is dropping because of this run.

And you've got a lot of timing pulled all over the place.

BTW, don't look at whether KC is positive or negative. Look for DELTA KC. An easier way to look for knock is to use enginuity and log feedback knock correction and fine learning knock correction.

alright i'll have to wait till tomorrow to reflash and pull another log. this is frustrating.

When I try to open the logs, I get an error in adobe. It says the file has either been corrupted or it is not supported. I would really like to check these logs as I am having a similiar problem. Does anyone have some advice on how to view these logs?

-Trey

They aren't Pdf's (I don't think other extensions are allowed to be attached to a post). Change the file extension to .xls or .csv. Open in excel and highlight the whole column. Pick the Data menu in excel and choose text to column. Choose delimited and then next, select only comma and then next and then click finish. This will make it readable...

how are you getting the logs with the version 2 AP? are you using a special cable and what software are you using?

i'm not using a v2 AP. if the ver 2.0 in the title is confusing you, this is the second thread i've made about my shitty logs.

how are you getting the logs with the version 2 AP? are you using a special cable and what software are you using?

You can use a VAGCOM cable with enginuity. I think it's about $20 shipped from eBay.

Cobb recently hacked ecuexplorer to work with the APV2 cable. You can try that to. It's somewhere on the cobbforums.

Archived