LegacyGT.com

gonna go STAGE 1 NOW!

so... now i am @ stage 1!!

it's nice!!!

it wasn't a kick in the butt that i thought it was.. the change was subtle.. but it good subtleties! mainly 1st and 2nd between 1.5-3k rpm.. smooth acceleration.. a lot less of the 'is it going? is it going? BAM!! woah!'.. it just goes.. but i dunno if i will miss the 'BAM!'..

i just drove the car for 5 minutes around the block.. but so far i like it!

though there was a little fright in the beginning! after i un-plugged the AP the car would not catch.. i turned the car off.. turned it on, wait for the speedometer dance to finish before i try to turn the engine.. then it caught.. phew.. relief!!! :redface::redface: so yay!! i am out of the bone stock circle!

late,

k

so... now i am @ stage 1!!

it's nice!!!

it wasn't a kick in the butt that i thought it was.. the change was subtle.. but it good subtleties! mainly 1st and 2nd between 1.5-3k rpm.. smooth acceleration.. a lot less of the 'is it going? is it going? BAM!! woah!'.. it just goes.. but i dunno if i will miss the 'BAM!'..

i just drove the car for 5 minutes around the block.. but so far i like it!

though there was a little fright in the beginning! after i un-plugged the AP the car would not catch.. i turned the car off.. turned it on, wait for the speedometer dance to finish before i try to turn the engine.. then it caught.. phew.. relief!!! :redface::redface: so yay!! i am out of the bone stock circle!

late,

k

i felt the biggest difference the next day...after the car was sitting all night. I think it is cause you are not trying to "feel" for the improvement as much.

Enjoy!

the reason it didn't fire is because it does a 15 second throttle plate calibration after a reboot like that. Turn key on, count to 15, crank.

good to know! it scared the buhjesus out of me!

but it is all working good.. really like the drive ability.. definitely less turbo lag.. ppl think i am nuts.. fast take off @ lights when the next light is red..

fun times!! don't know if it was my car but i smelt burnt oil.. maybe it was the truck next to me.. but on the way back from work i didn't smell anything..

Listen you have a turbo car, i have owned alot, sometimes turbos just burn a little oil, it happens to pretty much every car ever made with a turbo. To keep no oil what-so-ever being burnt by the turbo you would need to rebuild your turbo like twice a year.

Go stg 2 as fast as possible

Haha, no pun intended. ;) I never really planned on modding my lgt, then after a year and half of ownership I got infected by the modding bug. I went stage 1, 3 months later, I was stage 2. I do not regret it, stage 2 was a major kick in the pants over stage 1.

Archived