LegacyGT.com

lowering springs for 2006 Legacy GT

First off, yes i have searched the forum n found some info about what im going to ask. But there are still some questionmarks..

First i found this thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-suspension-faq-swaybars-struts-springs-coilovers-alignment-171914.html and thinking awesome my question is answered. But then i looked again and saw that the thread is for 2nd gen Legacys...

My question is the exact same as those in the thread mentioned above, only for the 2006 model n not the 2nd gen.. Will lowering springs for the impreza WRX 2005 fit on my stock struts?. Reason i can't shop for Legacy GT parts is that i live in the most northern part of Europe.

Talked to a dealer specialized in Subaru tuning in Sweden and they said i should come in n they would try to put them on, if it fits i can buy it from them, only thing is they are charging 450 US dollars for four tein springs.(Swedish prices suck!!) The same ones from UK is around 220 USD including shipping & handling. Worth mentioning, my car is a USDM 2006 Legacy GT imported to Sweden in January 2013.

Will lowering springs for the impreza WRX 2005 fit on my stock struts?

No.

Can you just order the set you found and get somewhere to install them and align the car?

How low do you want the car?

If you want it really low, it might be best to start looking into coilovers.

No.

Can you just order the set you found and get somewhere to install them and align the car?

How low do you want the car?

If you want it really low, it might be best to start looking into coilovers.

The springs i found was for the WRX, was hoping they would fit. :(

Coilovers would be nice, im thinking about lowering 1-1,5 inches. But still coilovers are Aaways nice, my car has just turned over 100k so the struts probably would'nt mind retiring :) Only problem is quality coilovers are quite pricey.. Even though i could overcome paying 600 bucks for a good set, shipping n handling is like Another 300 bucks to Sweden, then add Swedish salestax, a whopping 25%.. Then we are talking over 1000 bucks.. Finding parts in Sweden is impossible... Since this wonderful car never was sold in Europe.

Edit: Would springs, coilovers etc, intended for the Legacy 3.0R fit my 2.5GT?? Cause those parts might be easier to find since that model was sold in sweden! :)

Guessing my only option is to order lowering springs from ebay or something, (any recomendations?), since shipping price for springs are MUCH lower.

Archived