LegacyGT.com

Better Seats

need bb

I have never been happy with my LGT seats and I have confirmed this after driving a rental Focus which had far superior seats.

Are there any brackets to fit an aftermarket seat in to 4th gen LGT? Any insight into getting better seats would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Best bet is to contact these guys, http://wedgebrackets.com/seat-brackets-home/

They can make a bracket for any seat to fit your LGT. Just remember that its a lor of work to make an aftermarket seat work in the legacy due to the air bags in the seat.

I am slowing putting together a build to mount some EVO 9 Recaros in my LGT eventually. But i agree, stock LGT seats suck.

For reference http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/project-recaro-completed-138532.html

I hated them as well. When I put my brides in, I opted to build brackets myself. If you know someone who is decent with metal work, they aren't too hard or expensive to make.

I've seen your seats on your build thread, those things look so comfortable and they look like they belong. Definitely not rocket science to make brackets if you somewhat know what your doing.

Even if I don't run with side airbags there are no good alternatives?

Would the 02 or 04 WRX seats fit? What about some JDM v7 or v8 STI seats? I would prefer the EVO Recaro's but it seems that these are going to be a difficult install.

I did a little research and it looks like the best bet is to either use a 05 WRX/STI seat or go with a JDM v8 seat and loose the airbags. If I don't care about seat height adjust ability is it just a direct swap out?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived