LegacyGT.com

Will this halfshaft work for 05 LGT?

RangerMan

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy clap Batman, that is way cheap!

So long as it's a 190N cross it will work ( non-turbo and GT models use a different axle assy ).

I have bought from MAC Auto on Ebay, good prices and products. BTW no Scoobaru items from them, bought for other vehicles.

I am actually the seller of these axles and we have been selling a lot of them lately. They are DTA brand axles. I am not trying to spam you guys i just wanted to let you know it is a good deal and we are a reputable company. I actually just got off the phone with someone that was asking about these like 5 minutes ago. We are open 9-5 m-f Eastern time if you want to call 800 209 9598.

Thanks for the link to our site

According to the manufacturer 2005-2007 is all the same. Empi another large manufacturer of axles also confirmed this, we can get this axle as well but it is a little more expensive. I have seen a tech bulletin on this axle as well. The axle according to them fits the models below

2005-2007 Outback Front - ALL MODELS SB-2043

2007-2009 Legacy Front - Automatic Transmission ONLY SB-2043

2005-2006 Legacy Front - ALL SB-2043

2009 Outback Front - Except 2.5XT Limited with MT SB-2043

2008 Outback Front - Except XT Limited with MT SB-2043

**Technician must check carefully for a Subaru defective OE snap ring on the inner joint of the OE axle removed. If the OE axle does not have an inner snap ring or if it is only partially intact the snap ring or its parts will still be in the transmission and must be removed before the new axle is installed.**

I can mention it to a few different manufacturers, it cant hurt. The only problem is usually they will not produce anything unless there is a large demand but it cant hurt to ask. Ill check it out.

PS. I spoke to the manufacturer i do not think this will be made in the future due to lack of demand

• 3 weeks later...
I am in need of a new half-shaft, as well. If we can confirm the fit I'll be all over this!

Purchased! Can't wait to get this on my car. My current CV axle is for some reason missing the clamp on the inner boot and I don't think there is any grease left inside the boot, as there is grease ALL OVER EVERYTHING nearby the boot. Grrr; what a mess. Was thinking about just repacking it and getting a new clamp, but at this price I'll just replace it. ;)

Might be an easily-repairable half-shaft for sale soon...

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

According to the manufacturer 2005-2007 is all the same. Empi another large manufacturer of axles also confirmed this, we can get this axle as well but it is a little more expensive. I have seen a tech bulletin on this axle as well. The axle according to them fits the models below

2005-2007 Outback Front - ALL MODELS SB-2043

2007-2009 Legacy Front - Automatic Transmission ONLY SB-2043

2005-2006 Legacy Front - ALL SB-2043

2009 Outback Front - Except 2.5XT Limited with MT SB-2043

2008 Outback Front - Except XT Limited with MT SB-2043

And THANKS, Mac Auto, for posting and contributing to our Forum here!

• 3 weeks later...

Follow up: THANK YOU MAC AUTO!

First off, the day after I ordered I got a phone call from MacAuto saying that the particular CV Axle that I had ordered (DTA) was out of stock, but that they had gone ahead and shipped one to me that was a different - slightly more expensive - brand (EMPI), at no extra charge to me. I greatly appreciated this, as I already had an appointment made for the installation and wouldn't have wanted any delays.

Took the part and car to a local repair shop that had been recommended to me, as my favorite Subaru mechanic isn't very close, and they quoted me 1-hour labor for the job of replacing just this front pass-side CV Axle. I never opened the box myself, but the guys at the shop said the new axle fit perfectly and looked to be a quality part. Been driving on it for a week now with now issues. :spin:

My shipped price for this Axle was $66.90; I think shipping was like $20 of that. Installation cost me $85.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived