LegacyGT.com

Where is the turbo range?

Since I need a timing belt and other things, I'm trying to keep it easy on the car. I want to stay out of turbo range, i.e, use the cars own power.

Where in RPMs does the turbo kick in? I also want to know to keep it under a certain speed on the highway because I'm assuming 80 is in the range.

Since I need a timing belt and other things, I'm trying to keep it easy on the car. I want to stay out of turbo range, i.e, use the cars own power.

Where in RPMs does the turbo kick in? I also want to know to keep it under a certain speed on the highway because I'm assuming 80 is in the range.

If your TB and related parts (pulleys, pump) are toast the act of driving it exposes you to risk :redface: staying out of boost would mean using higher gears for lower speed driving and lugging the engine which is a different type of strain on the ol EJ

If your TB and related parts (pulleys, pump) are toast the act of driving it exposes you to risk :redface: staying out of boost would mean using higher gears for lower speed driving and lugging the engine which is a different type of strain on the ol EJ

So you're saying don't shift too early? I have a 5EAT and I usually have it shift around 1800-2500 (again, being easy on it) but in shift mode I shift around 2-2500 RPM

Forces on the timing belt are almost entirely independent of RPM and power output.

What do you intend to gain by staying out of boost?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Forces on the timing belt are almost entirely independent of RPM and power output.

What do you intend to gain by staying out of boost?

Just being easy on it. I also haven't removed the banjo bolt screen which is the reason for my last one blowing at 99k

Archived