LegacyGT.com

Semi vs Leggy

Point goes to the semi. It sustained NO damage whatsoever. My legacy on the other hand... well it's seen better days. Not terrible but i'm not too happy either.

Here's the story.

What a lovely morning it was. Well until a semi decided to back into my car and then push it 15 yards before realizing what was happening. The worst thing was the complete helplessness that I felt. Damage in the front is minor but justifies a new bumper shell and grille. Rear bumper got minor scratches from being pushed into the car behind me. Car domino anyone? The truck driver was oblivious to it all while myself, next car and a dumpster truck behind us kept honking like maniacs. Oh well. No injuries and a chance at a 08 bumper for the subbie. Would that even fit on a 06 wagon?

Pics:

DSC01288.thumb.jpg.e824b4fd96c74f2681c9a7aa65e54283.jpg

DSC01286.thumb.jpg.d8382667f6a1cf20b030295a8502c511.jpg

DSC01285.thumb.jpg.8d234b71c6fc11357113df389c587d7c.jpg

DSC01284.thumb.jpg.e679fa9a5e75bd84eaee1ed6e28f2065.jpg

Too bad you didn't have a few ketchup packets laying around in your glove box. I would've caused a scene just to scare the heck out of the semi driver.

Twitching and foaming out the mouth and all.

You gotta make it count.

:lol: Excellent plan.

:lol: at this thread...

sorry to see that... could have been a lot worse... but the little things bother me just as much.. i know your pain... should be an easy fix... youll just be out of a car for a few days...

if your really set on getting a new front bumper and front grille... i call dibs on your grille if you want to sell it... does grille have an e on the end? it doesnt look right.. grill... grille... grill... grille... i dont know :spin:

Voy did you honk your horn? Freakin sucks man. The driver was an idiot. People who arent from jersey dont know how to drive our roads. Well on the bright side. can we say JDM from end and bumper with rear diffuser. or you can get that kit that make the front look like an A4.

grille

http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/speaker.gif  /grɪl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif [gril] Show IPA Pronunciation http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif

–noun 1. a grating or openwork barrier, as for a gate, usually of metal and often of decorative design. 2. an opening, usually covered by grillwork, for admitting air to cool the engine of an automobile or the like; radiator grille. 3. any of various perforated screens, sheets, etc., used to cover something, as on a radio for protecting the amplifier or in cryptography for coding purposes. 4. a ticket window covered by a grating.

Well the grillE is shot. Brackets up top and sides are mostly broken off. The chrome "ring" is bent and the chrome itself is peeling.

I was thinking JDM but there's no way i'm going to mod the bumper bar. I want this to be covered by insurance if possible. So would a 08 bumper look good enough?

And yes, I was on the horn the whole time. The car behind me also. Time for some hellas.

damn... thanks anyways... and thank you for clarifying the spelling of grillE

i wouldnt go with the 08 bumpers... imo the 05-06 is much cleaner... the dimples in the rear are ugly and pointless... and the front while not to much different is different... there is a little plastic strip where your plate goes..and i think the grillE is different as well... and if your insurance is covering all of this i dont think you will have much choice in the matter...

good luck with everything..

This same thing happened to my wife last spring (well it was a sewage truck and she was in her Accord... so maybe not the same thing).:lol:

Then again last weekend we were in a parking lot and some dunce on her cell phone backs into us (again, it was the Accord). Both times my wife was laying on the horn... to no avail. Looks like I'll be ordering some hella supertones today.

I'm debating all options right now and need your input. Firstly, I can just do the original bumper. Secondly JDM is an EXPENSIVE option. Thirdly, would the 08 bumper fit?

At that point, after all the work you put into it, I would say screw the bumper and trade up for a GT :lol:

lol. We're talking about $1000 or a bit more worth of damage. I doubt that justifies me to loose money on the refinancing and getting a LGT. But you're more than welcome to find me a low milage 5MT LGT Wagon. :D Good luck!

Archived