LegacyGT.com

issues after not starting the lgt for one month (or more)

i have garaged my legacy for most of december/january due to 40"+ of snow and running coilovers (not a good combination). in any event, i recently started the lgt (5eat, 07) and found a number of oddities. first, all my radio sets were forgotten, and i had to re-program them (i actually had to reprogram them for the first three or four times i started the car after having garaged it). the beloved seatbelt chime is back, and comes back every time i start the car. third, and most alarming, is a new, horrible idle. immediately after starting, it jumps violently from 900-2100 rpm and seems to stumble almost to a stalling point. there also seems to be a mechanical whine occurring over 4000 rpm even when warm. my tune is still intact (re-flashed, cobb ap, rallitek stage 2), and my clock is still on time. if anyone can explain any one of these issues, i'd be grateful. thanks.

To me it sounds like the power was cut. That explains why the radio lost all the settings, why the ecu has to relearn the environment settings, and the chimes coming back. But since it looks like you were able to start it without too much trouble, I dunno.

Yeah, not very helpful huh :p

Archived