LegacyGT.com

Hasepro Bezel from Japanparts.com

specitim

Hi all, anyone purchased the Hasepro bezel from Japanparts?

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=1&car=6&middle=2&small=13

ie, the "Magical Carbon Panel Set" (haha what a great name) - I'm in the midst of planning the install for my Car PC and am wondering about the suitability of that bezel; is it the right size, and what's the deal with the "Side Panel with/without marks" option?

Or am I better off just going for the normal Subaru made one? Cheers!

Well, this past weekend I purchased the OEM Subaru Navi Bezel, but it requires some cutting and I just couldn't get the angle right. I'm thinking about now purchasing this Hasepro part as it seems like it's cheaper than the one that AVO is selling for $250+

BTW, are there any other cheaper ones on the japanparts website?

The Hasepro one is the cheapest one I can see...

Japanparts also has a $25AUD pocket for 1 DIN audio? Not sure what that is, but if it's the thing you replace the cubby with so that you can fit a 1 DIN stereo/flip out screen then that might also be a good solution (for me anyway)...

Ouch did you destory the subaru OEM bezel you bought? That's an expensive piece of plastic...

Ouch did you destory the subaru OEM bezel you bought? That's an expensive piece of plastic...

I just cut the beveled edge of the Navi screen so that the Double Din unit would fit. The problem with it is that the OEM Navi screen is naturally angled at about a 30 to 45 degree angle. Well, with my particular Double Din unit (Pioneer Avic D3), the unit itself doesn't go far back enough so basically you can't really flush mount it at a 30-45 degree angle unless you cut a structural beam that's at the back of that area (which I didn't want to do). And luckily, it was the USDM Navi Bezel and not the JDM one. I just think that if I had ponied up the extra $150 I wouldn't be dealing with this now and considering purchasing the Hasepro bezel.

At least with the OEM Double Din bezel, it seems as if you're mounting the screen almost vertically (with maybe a little angle) and thus it allows you to fit the Double Din unit deeper into the pocket and allowing it to rest right on top of the support beam.

Also, if you're installing a carputer, stick with either modding your original bezel or purchase an USDM Navi Bezel like I did. Heck, I'd be willing to sell you mine for dirt cheap ($25 shipped) because it is cut up. But going back to the carputer screen, you're better off because it doesn't have the depth of a Double Din unit. You have tons of room to work back there once you cut away some of the plastic behind the cubby.

16psibrick is right.

Here's a picture of Googalash's install on his car:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/googalash/Car/DSC00989.jpg

If you can live with it (I can), then it might be worth it. Googalash is running the OEM JDM piece. I can't really tell from the pictures, but I'm wondering if the Hasepro part looks the same except carbon fiber-ish?

• 2 weeks later...
Im looking to purchase the same kit from japanparts and just wanted to know if Googalashha install needed any mods or if the pic above exactly how it comes with no mods and just the deck installed. im gonna be getting the Alpine IVA-W205 and this kit would make life easyer for me.

Thankfully australia uses the JDM RHD LGT!

I ended up buying the genuine bezel with bracket - tracking number says its about to be delivered so i just have to wait now ...

With the pic from googalash, thats a pretty big gap on the bottom RHS corner - if the aim is to get it as 'factory' looking as possible i duno if i could live with that...

Update: I ended up buying the normal subaru OEM bezel with the bracket from Japan Parts.

NOTE - this bracket is NOT to support double DIN stereo devices. It's a bracket custom made to fit a NAV/LCD screen in ... I imagine this is the factory screen... It will probably come in handy if you, like me, are planning to put in a 7" touch screen anyway, but just be warned in advance!

Anyways hope that helps someone...

I just cut the beveled edge of the Navi screen so that the Double Din unit would fit. The problem with it is that the OEM Navi screen is naturally angled at about a 30 to 45 degree angle. Well, with my particular Double Din unit (Pioneer Avic D3), the unit itself doesn't go far back enough so basically you can't really flush mount it at a 30-45 degree angle unless you cut a structural beam that's at the back of that area (which I didn't want to do). And luckily, it was the USDM Navi Bezel and not the JDM one. I just think that if I had ponied up the extra $150 I wouldn't be dealing with this now and considering purchasing the Hasepro bezel.

At least with the OEM Double Din bezel, it seems as if you're mounting the screen almost vertically (with maybe a little angle) and thus it allows you to fit the Double Din unit deeper into the pocket and allowing it to rest right on top of the support beam.

Also, if you're installing a carputer, stick with either modding your original bezel or purchase an USDM Navi Bezel like I did. Heck, I'd be willing to sell you mine for dirt cheap ($25 shipped) because it is cut up. But going back to the carputer screen, you're better off because it doesn't have the depth of a Double Din unit. You have tons of room to work back there once you cut away some of the plastic behind the cubby.

PM me about this, might take it off of your hands.

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Archived