LegacyGT.com

gas mileage

What have all of you with 5 speeds been getting in gas mileage in city and highway.I have a gt 5 speed and been averageing 22 to 24 combine with 25 to 27 on the highway not to bad considering it's a turbo and it has 250 hp...

What have all of you with 5 speeds been getting in gas mileage in city and highway.I have a gt 5 speed and been averageing 22 to 24 combine with 25 to 27 on the highway not to bad considering it's a turbo and it has 250 hp...
I wish mine was that good :lol: This topic has also been covered ;)

I drive about 50/50 city/highway (in terms of time, not # of miles), and consistently average about 21.5 MPG. I don't normally drive that aggressively, so I've been wondering why it's so low. Also I noticed the display in the car reads about 1 MPG higher than what I calculate when I fill up.

-Matt

I drive about 50/50 city/highway (in terms of time, not # of miles), and consistently average about 21.5 MPG. I don't normally drive that aggressively, so I've been wondering why it's so low. Also I noticed the display in the car reads about 1 MPG higher than what I calculate when I fill up.

-Matt

I get 16-17mpg in the city. I do very well (~26mpg) on the highway.

- Mike

5spd lgt limited- I get 19 to 21 mpg city. Highway is between 27 and 29 mpg. The only time it was 29 was crusing on a back road at around 50mph behind abotu 5 slow cars..... I passed them all, didn't mean to, but it was easy. Then cursied at 60-65 mph and saw it drop to 27 mpg. Still not bad.

LGT Manual & I'm consistently getting 24 - 25 MPG in 65/35 Hwy/city. Got 26 on the one trip I took, but that was before 1K miles, so I was doing a lot of gentle accel and decel during that trip to vary the RPM. I figure 29 - 30 should be achievable, though I stay pretty close to the speed limit.

Archived