LegacyGT.com

Stock 08 Spec B Dyno

Dyno Tuned at Yimi Sport in Santa Clarita.

08 Spec B (3,500 miles)

Completely stock down to paper filter it dynoed at 236 whp 261 wtq (their 08 STI dynoed at 235 whp stock). I am surprised at the stock numbers.

With open source tune it dynoed at 243.78 whp 281.50 wtq. Increase is mild but power comes on much stronger, much sooner and much smoother.

I will post up the sheets soon.

This just means my legacy is making more than the stated 243 hp from the factory. The guy that tuned my car showed me the dynos for other subarus he has worked on and he said that my car was the highest stock hp legacy he had worked on.

Going by my 236 whp stock that would put it at around 283 -295 crank hp assuming 20 -25% drivetrain loss. I'm not sure how much drivetrain loss there actually is though so I am just making an assumption.

I call shens, we need to know their correction method and roller weight. its probly a dynojet.

at stage 2+ on a mustang II i put down ~235whp / ~280tq.... thats with equal lenght wrapped headers, UP, DP, exhuast, drop in filter.

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Completely stock down to paper filter it dynoed at 236 whp 261 wtq (their 08 STI dynoed at 235 whp stock). I am surprised at the stock numbers.

That's a damn high reading dyno... would be in the low 180's here on a DD. Woo-hoo I'm almost 340whp on that high-reading dyno. :p

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

....sounds like the best tuned lgt to ever leave the factory. Stage 2 from the factory, nice :)
Yes, as high or higher as any stock 09 WRX #'s I've seen. Them Spec. B's are something else!

I would search on NASIOC for comparisons of other cars tuned at Yimi, but that would be like work......

OP, when are you going to post up the graph?

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Not sure what kind of dyno but it does not read high as far as I can tell. He showed me the graphs for other cars he dynoed and they were accurate to what I've seen posted on nasioc and here.

The owner's 05 LGT stock, dynoed at 205 whp, there was one 08 STI dynoed at 235whp and another one at 240whp. There was an 07 Legacy it dynoed at 221 whp. There was an 09 WRX that dynoed at I think 238 whp? (not sure on that one).

But all the numbers on the other cars he dynoed were right on par with what would be expected. I mean we went through a bunch of dynos on his computer afterwards and he too was surprised that my car dynoed so high on the stock map.

It is a subaru tuning shop so they know their cars. It was done at Yimi Sport on Ruther Ave in Santa Clarita.

I am just going by the numbers and the numbers don't lie.

My scanner is not picking up the dyno that sheet that well. It comes out really faded. I have to figure out how to get it to scan right.

I'll try to get it up this weekend.

Sorry...

Yeah, this can't be right. I just went stage II and am running E85 - I'm getting 235whp and 290 wheel torque after a dyno tune. Can't remember the dyno but it was NOT a dynojet. I'm at altitude so I'm going to lose some but not that much.

Something just doesn't add up. Don't get me wrong, not calling you a liar or anything like that at all but something is rotten in Denmark!

-Ross

Interesting. It must have been Paul / Boostjunkie who tuned your car. He is here, maybe he can chime in.

Maybe you got a tank of freak gas or something? But then your stage 1 numbers should be better. Are you sure the map was really stock? How many miles on the car when you bought it? Is there a possibility a dealer was playing with it and flashed a stage 1 map on it? (unlikely, but who knows)

Yeah Boostjunkie tuned my car. To answer your question my car had 82 miles on it when I bought it and I really doubt that the dealer would load a stage 1 map on it. I did confirm that it was a dynojet.

I know that everyone claims that dynojets read high but every other dyno plot they showed me for the other cars they tested seemed right on par with what they should be.

Anyways sorry it has taken me so long to get the graphs up but they are now attached. I hope this works as I am not really sure how to upload them. Let me know if they do not come through.

Dyno Sheets.pdf

3 different stock LGT's dyno'd there and they get 205whp, 221whp, and 236whp? Doesn't make any sense. Even the 205whp is high for a stock LGT.

Anyhow the dyno is just a tool.. the delta is what is important. You gained 7whp/20tq with your stage 1 tune. So-so.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Yeah the gain was minimal as the stock map was really good. He said that he really did not have much room to work with from the stock map as it was already putting down a good amount of power.

However the power, even with the minial HP gain, is very noticeable as stock it had major hesitation at 2500-3500 RPMs and was not smooth. Now the power comes on sooner, it is smooth all the way through and the mid range is significantly improved.

So the tune actually made a very big difference in how it puts down the power. I am very happy with it.

By the way Legend... even assuming that the dynojet reads high, you think it is reading over 50 whp high?? You stated that I should be in the low 180s on a DD dyno? Some how I don't think that is right but I am pretty new to all this so.... I guess it could be.

But by that logic then the owner's STI he dynoed at 235 whp is also reading high and should be in the low 180s? I am a little confused by all this.

I just posted what the numbers showed and compared it to other subarus that they had dynoed there and my car seemed to have dynoed higher than any stock subaru they had worked on there according to the owner.

Archived