LegacyGT.com

Finally got my car back, runs like it should! But no heat shield?

Finally my car runs like it should, installed an invidia catless dp, already have their catless up on it.

But the heat shield doesn't fit over the dp, I drove it for like an hour, and that black cardboard/cloth material on the firewall melted. I tore off the melted pieces, I never thought of the heat shield fitting issue.

Anyway, is it ok with no heat shield for a week or 2 until I can buy one that will fit over the new dp? It won't crack the paint in my hood will it?

^^What everyone above says. You can trim the heat shield with a Dremel tool or air grinder and make it fit as it should. Start with small pieces removed and only remove enough to make sure it will fit over your DP and once you have enough, bolt it back in place. The heat shield is vital to heat soak at your intercooler and you'll notice a difference in how it runs.

You can also put a turbo blanket on it too (Thermal Zero has some flat blankets that fit nicely on VF40 and will fit under the heat shield) which will help even more.

Archived