LegacyGT.com

1997 legacy gt air conditioning problems

leaks, no refridgerant.

bad compressor.

what is it doing?

does it make any noise when you turn it on?

does it blow air?

can you feel the compressor ''kick'' in and put a load on the engine?

can you here it cycling on and off.?

year make model trans info?

• I Donated

Most shops do a free A/C check. Go get a free A/C check somewhere. Its impossible to diagnose A/C problems over the internet...and VERY difficult to properly diagnose them without the proper equipment.

If the system is low on freon and oil, the compressor won't kick on (even if its good) as a fail-safe to prevent it from burning its self up.

You likely have a leak somewhere like the condenser. If there is a slow leak, what a shop will do is inject both freon and dye into the system. That way the UV dye (lights up neon green under a blue light) will leak out of the leak and show you where its at.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

dye testing is for n0000000bs! haha. Snap on now makes an awesome leak detector, no more dye to clog up the lines.

More than likely you're low on refrigerant. But, it is possible that the clutch on your A/C compressor is worn out. I've seen old ones shatter.

i finally fixed my ac after it not working for like 2 entire nebraska summers!!!

-initial condition- AC compressor would not even kick in (johnegg's "compressor ''kick'' in and put a load on the engine" even though i had added some coolant

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i462/Joe_Osborne/af221.jpg

i bought some 134a with leak stop, put the whole thing in, then added the rest of the big can of 134. after emptying both the compressor finally kicked in but the pressure as read on the gauge included in the interdynamics kit was still low. Got a cheaper can of 134a and topped off the system and its working like a champ!

cheers!

• I Donated
dye testing is for n0000000bs! haha. Snap on now makes an awesome leak detector, no more dye to clog up the lines.

you're a noob if you think you have to have tools off the Snap On truck to do anything.

Dye has been used for a VERY long time, and if used PROPERLY you don't need to worry about anything "clogging up"

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived