LegacyGT.com

Help - Warning lights came on

Tonight when driving home the following warning lights came on:

• Check Engine - solid
  • VDC off - solid
  • SI Drive - blinking
  • Cruise control - blinking

I checked the user manual and it said what the first two mean, but not the other two. I guess I'll need to get the car to the dealer tomorrow but I don't know if it's safe to drive (nearrest dealer is maybe 15 miles) or if I need to get towed.

Thanks

Guest PeteAWD
The cruise control operation light always blinks when the CEL is prompted. That means there is a system malfunction code and your cruise control is disabled. I don't why, I imagine there is a reason, every time your CEL is prompted, your cruise control will disable. There are a multitude of codes that your system stores. Therefore, for a proper analysis of your issue(s) you will need to have it read with an OBD II scanner, programmed for Subarus, or go to the dealer.

Happened to me two months ago in Budapest. After calling my buddy at Subaru, he told me all these light might come up for several reasons. My reason was too much air-pollution in Budapest that part of the day. The engine was sucking in polluted air and the Lambda sensor evaluated it as an error, which caused all these warning lights come up (without the SI Drive, I don't have one) and the cruise to switch off. So the question is, were you driving somewhere where there was a lot of cars (traffic jam, etc.), especially older cars with not quite efficient engines? Does it come up even after "reseting" your engine by turning the ignition off, waiting a while and turning it back on? Or the Lambda sensor itself might got faulty, go to your dealer (I think you can use the car with no worries, 15 miles is not a distance) and have him read in the ECU log... Just for information, I did trust my dude, drove the car like 110km away from Budapest back to Prague and after those 110km's the fault has gone after "reseting" the engine on a gas station where I stopped to feed the horses... :) And never seen the fault since then ;)

Archived