LegacyGT.com

2005 2.5i Base Model (Non-Limited) Brakes

According to cars101.com the 2005 2.5i BASE MODEL has the following brake rotor dimensions.

10.8 vented front disc

10.6 solid rear disc

However... NAPA, Autozone, RockAuto and all the other various websites list the front rotors as 11.5" after specifying my vehicle. This 11.5" is the correct size for the 05 LIMITED and 06+ base model according to cars101.com.

What I want to know is, will 11.5" rotors work with all the stock equipment or where can I get the 10.8" rotors?

AND

Can someone tell me the exact part numbers they used for the rotors for a 2005 2.5I BASE MODEL from any of the above retail stores?

Thanks

Thanks. That's the only site I can find with a 10.8" front rotor option, but I'm a little worried ordering parts over the internet as opposed to getting it local.

Would hate to get the wrong parts from the internet and have problems with them. I was really hoping to get a part number from Napa or Autozone.

These may have to do. Do you think it's a bad idea to use two different brand rotors front and rear? Incase I just order the front rotors and get everything else local?

I've ordered plenty of things over the internet without issues, though I dont have any experience with rockauto.com myself. Here's a link that shows customer reviews of Rock Auto:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/RockAuto

I skimmed some of them and are mostly positive.

I dont think different brands of rotors should be an issue, it's not as drastic as mixing calipers.

So nobody with a 2005 2.5i Base Model has purchased front rotors from Autozone, Napa, or Pepboys?

All these places only list the 293mm or 11.5" as the rotor for the 2.5i Base and Limited... when (according to various sources) the rotor on the 2.5i is 10.8". Seems like too large of a difference to work.

I realize I can get a 10.8" rotor from rockauto, but there has to be a reason 11.5" shows up as the rotor size under all the computer systems at various auto part stores.

www.cars101.com is a very reliable source for Suby data.

He lists the 2.5Limited as having the 11.5 rotor. The base model is 10.8.

The 11.5 will fit the wheel, but not the caliper.

Was probably a keying error when put into their databases.

Had a similar issue with my BE and the K&N filter. After returning what was supposed to fit, and subsequently doing measurements, had to use the one listed for the H6 to get the right one.

If you want a little bling, I have a set of slotted, BNIB in your size, but it may not be worth your time, for shipping is a monster. (they are heavy).

Subaru has been all over the board when it comes to rotor sizes for the non turbo legacy.

O.

Archived