LegacyGT.com

Questions about popping the trunk

When you open the trunk does the deck lid pop up at all? Mine doesn't. I have a spoiler on mine btw. Not that this bugs me at all, just curious if this is normal, or if they put on stiffer springs for cars equipped with the spoiler and mine doesn't have those spings.

[quote name='Euclid']When you open the trunk does the deck lid pop up at all? Mine doesn't. I have a spoiler on mine btw. Not that this bugs me at all, just curious if this is normal, or if they put on stiffer springs for cars equipped with the spoiler and mine doesn't have those spings.[/QUOTE] Mine doesn't either, but I like it that way. If it were ever accidentally opened (unlikely, I know) with the remote, it wouldn't be obvious to someone that might want to take what's in your trunk.

Those springs aren't there to lift the trunk, they are there to offset the weight of the trunk so that it's not as hard to lift. I've seen some cars where the trunk actually opens when released, but I've never owned one. I agree with Kenzo. I would rather have the trunk look closed even if it's accidentally unlatched! I have no spoiler either.

[quote name='!S4']If you could somehow put in the springs from an STi lid, I'm sure that'd pop it right up. ;)[/QUOTE] I had an STi... if you put the STi trunk lid springs in the LGT, it would be a great catapult.

Archived