LegacyGT.com

Curious about price on a 07 spec.b

codes

I'm newly interested into legacies and not sure what they are worth especially the spec.b

I'm looking into a 2007 legacy spec.b with 58000 kms and the guy is asking $22500 canadian.

The car looks to be in pretty good condition but a couple things are making me weary,

the aftermarket exhaust is hanging crooked and it looks like the turbo heat shield has been removed and not replaced along with the engine cover..

these things just makes me think the car wasn't properly cared for.

is this a fair price? if not what would be a more reasonable price to offer

heres a link to the add

click

thanks =)

Intake should not be messed with on the stock ECU tune.

Perhaps talk to the owner and ask some follow on questions. For example, has the car ever been tuned. If so, how and who.

yea i was thinking the same thing, if it hasn't been tuned it will be one of the first things i do

Welcome to the site. The turbo heat shield is missing because it wasn't cut and re-fit over the Perrin bellmouth downpipe when that was installed. This has a full turbo-back exhaust, and some type of shorty intake. Without tuning, the car would be in leaned-out and likely overboost condition most of the time, it's a crap-shoot. Tuned, less so, but the intake always gives me concern, unless it's been pro-tuned for that specific intake. No tune, and no pro-tune on the intake, and I'd likely walk away. Too much risk for the price.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

The seller told me that it had a Cobb accessport up until 48000 kms. Didn't tell me whether or not it's completely gone or just uninstalled, now if the accessport is un-married from the ecu, the tune goes with it right?

You are correct. Most likely assumption is that the Accessport (AP) was unmarried and he sold it in preparation to selling his car. Without the AP unmarried, it would be useless to the new owner.

If purchased. I would have him uninstall the intake for the OEM one and have an AP ready to install. Of course, you would also want to make sure someone can verify that the vehicle is mechanically sound

Ohh and welcome to the site!

Something tells me he doesn't have the oem intake because he isnt the original owner.. However, there is a local tuner who specializes in subarus and does amazing work from what I gather so I could just go and get a pro tune right away.

Thank you guys for the assistance, I'm going to see if the seller is willing to have a compression test done before I bother even going to look at the car haha

Worth getting a clean bill of health. Since he was planning to sell, hard to know how hard it's been driven, subsequent to the CAP unmarry event and what, if any damage has been done.

I'll agree to disagree. :) 1.0 $USD = .9901 $CAD. Exchange rate is near dead-equal.

That said, owner's asking price on a modified FI Subaru, seems high, Spec B notwithstanding. Given that it's a Spec B, revamping my estimate if everything checks-out, to $17.5K tops.

^ Fair market value = the price a knowledgeable, willing, and unpressured buyer would probably pay to a knowledgeable, willing, and unpressured seller in the market - and can be based on precedent or extrapolation (both which could be determined based on info found on this site). Hence the OP's question.

The asking price $22.5K = price "suggested" by the selling party, but considered to be subject to bargaining

The offered price $17.5K = price "offered" by the buying party, but considered to be subject to bargaining

The purchase price $18.75K = price "offered" by the willing buyer and "accepted" by the willing seller to consumate the sale.

Let us know how it goes.

I think his asking price is definitely a few thousand high. I paid only a few grand more than that (in US $) last year for an 08 Spec B with 28,000 miles and it was bone stock.

So let me get this straight, he has been driving this thing around for 9000 km with an intake and downpipe with no tune!?! You are smart to get a compression test, but if that is the case it would make me think twice about this car... it just shows he doesn't know what he is doing with this car. Good luck!

• I Donated

Guys, Canadian cars are more expensive than US ones, both new and used. I don't know if $22,500 is a fair price, but $15k is way low. I got my Spec.B with 61k mi for $17k, which I thought was a decent price. The dealer was offering $16,500 for trade-in on it.

But yes, it does give me pause that the guy is driving it around untuned with an intake and DP.

If you want, there is an 07 at Glenmore Audi, and i know for a fact that they took it in on trade for 16500. You could probably get them down really low (and close) to that amount with some inside knowledge.

Good luck man, i was looking at that exact car.

Archived