LegacyGT.com

Car Alarm Install , driver's door lock not working

I'm replacing the factory keyless in my 97 LGT because the remotes were lost and its cheaper to buy a new system with 2 remotes then it is to buy 1 factory remote.

I removed the factory system and wired in the new one. I can now lock and unlock all but the drivers door with my new remotes. The driver's door won't power lock with the interior switch either. I am wondering if removing the factory system left me with an open circuit for just the driver's door. Do I need to jumper something to make this work? I've searched and read everything I can find. Any help appreciated!

tbssubaru, Can you please add your cars info under your avitar. For example if it was a 96 or 97+, that would make a difference in how I would troubleshoot. (96 has no actuator in the drivers door).

LegacyLou. You said you had yours installed. Any professional install outfit would have a lifetime warranty on the actual install. (at least the ones I worked at) Take it back to them.

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

it depends on how you hooked the wires back up. on factory alarms they use the drivers door priority option which unlocks the drivers door first and on the 2nd push the rest of the doors. at the drivers lower side panel where the door lock wires are one of them is more then likely cut to wire up the drivers priority feature you would need to reconnect that wire. and then connect the lock and unlock wire to the ir proper wires. it looks like tbssubaru has a 97 so its similar to my 98 i dont have the car in fornt of me so cant tell you the exact colors.

Archived