LegacyGT.com

Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

Unfortunatley, this is the way the Legacy radio functions. It does not have separate line level inputs for the CD player & radio, or at least where the mod taps in, they're combined, so you'll hear the aux sound source on every function. If you read the FAQ on the first page, it says the same thing. Sorry for the confusion.

thanks for the reply. glad it was not something i did. still a great product. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found the problem that I referenced in this post:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=706709&postcount=1044

I'm just not sure what to do about it. On the right hand side there are 2 indented screws that appear to hold some sort of electrical device to the case.

for some reason I thought I need to take the screw out of the rear one and now it has the noise problem. I have no idea what that device is or what to do about it. I have tried tightening the screw down or taking it out completely but nothing seems to help.

It definetly causes the problem when I move that screw

Anybody have any ideas?

I found the problem that I referenced in this post:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=706709&postcount=1044

I'm just not sure what to do about it. On the right hand side there are 2 indented screws that appear to hold some sort of electrical device to the case.

for some reason I thought I need to take the screw out of the rear one and now it has the noise problem. I have no idea what that device is or what to do about it. I have tried tightening the screw down or taking it out completely but nothing seems to help.

It definetly causes the problem when I move that screw

Anybody have any ideas?

Sorry disalex. I don't have any ideas. I'm not sure I fully understand what you're talking about on the "electrical device" on the side either. Any chance you could post a picture of what you're referring to? Maybe then I might be of more help, but no promises. :)
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

I will but right now it's all back together.

If you look on the right hand side of the radio, you will see 2 screws that are indented into the side of the radio, once the brackets are off. if you look on the inside you will see that the screws pass through some kind of device that is attached to the circuit board then another piece of metal also attached to the circuit board

I would attach your subwoofer cable to the bracket instead of these. Those connect to an IC on the board and act as a heatsink. You could be getting interference from that, but I don't know if that is the source of your problem. You could have a bad set of RCA cables or something else on the Jazzy board. You need those screws in there, otherwise the IC may over heat.

I was unsuccessful in my attempts to install my Aux-in board this afternoon. I had a couple of problems but was thwarted by a ground wire on the passenger side bracket. This is a new 06 OBW with a 6 CD changer.

When I first began, I found the driver's side trim screw was stripped looks like from when the car was put together originally. After prying up on it with a small screw driver while turning on it, I was able to back the screw out.

I continued with the instructions but when removing the plugs from the back of the radio, I found a brown wire that appears to be a ground wire that was not metioned in the instructions. The wire is attached to the passenger side bracket on the back lower screw. I could not remove the screw and wound up rounding out the head of the screw. The other screws on the bracket did unscrew so I don't believe its due to thread lock or loc-tite but could be a locking washer on the screw.

I re-assembled everything without problem and will try again when I get a screw extractor. Any idea where I can buy the screws and inserts to fix the trim piece screw?

Oct, 07 - I was able to get replacement screws and inserts from the dealership last week. So I gave it another go today. Second time around was successful. I had a few moments of panic extracting the screw when I had to step up the extractor size a couple of times but it eventually backed out. I've put an input jack in the console box and will install a Cleansweep CL-SES when I get more time which will give me 3 inputs with auto/manual switching for GPS, Empeg, and Ipod. I had a big grin driving around this evening as the XM radio was playing through the speakers.

Many thanks Jazzy!

Help me! While hooking up this nifty device (worked beautifully), I decided to trim the side of the radio, climate control assembly so I could mount my ProFit ipod cradle. A small piece of metal fell between the front plate and circuit board and fried component number Q903 when I put it back together. I thought I had everything cleaned out of it but I didn't. I should know better!

Can someone take note of the value of Q903 when they are disassembling their radios and post it, I'm hoping that I can replace the damaged component. My red lights burned out when this component burned out and I'd like to get them back. Thanks!

hello I bought the GL blocker from crutchfeild that has been referenced so many times in this thread. However I am still getting ground loop noise.

Can anyone recomend where to get a better ground?

I am using the lighter ground wire to tap of from.

I have a 2005 legacy.

thanks

I have had by jazzy aux in for a few months without any issues, it really is great. Recently I have been intermintently losing my left speaker channel, I thought it may have been a blown speaker but it works fine with the radio.

I'm thinking something has to be loose as it seems to come and go under hard acceleration, cornering or hitting bumps but that's not always the case. The left channel was out all last week but today it worked fine after sitting all weekend. Anyone have any suggestions before I take apart my dash again, If need be I can wait and replace it with version 2 of the aux board :hint to Jazzy:

it was quite a bit more expensive but i installed a touch sreen and vehicle hub using the changers signal allowing me to use any type of external device imaginable i have also completly replaced every other audio component exept the origional cd changer which works great and looks owsome, how ever the touch screen controls everything

Pictures? Love to see it....

it was quite a bit more expensive but i installed a touch sreen and vehicle hub using the changers signal allowing me to use any type of external device imaginable i have also completly replaced every other audio component exept the origional cd changer which works great and looks owsome, how ever the touch screen controls everything

I have had by jazzy aux in for a few months without any issues, it really is great. Recently I have been intermintently losing my left speaker channel, I thought it may have been a blown speaker but it works fine with the radio.
Lately I was having a similar problem myself, but it stopped & hasn't come back for a few weeks. I think it's just the audio cable is loose inside the aux-in jack. I would try reseating the audio cable. If you do that and you still have a problem, let me know & I'll send you a new board, but it should be a simple fix that may even take care of itself.

By the way... I just got back from my wedding yesterday & will be leaving again for a week on honeymoon - so if orders seem indefinitely delayed - I'm not just screwing around, well...ok, I am, but at least I have a good reason for doing so. Anyway, shipments will resume the 18th and hopefully it won't take me too long to get caught back up.

Once all that jazz is out of the way, I hope to get back to some R&D on the boards, but there just doesn't ever seem to be "extra" time around here...maybe once snow flies I'll have a few moments... we'll see. ;)

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Jazzy thanks for the reply and great customer service, I have been spreading the gospel of your board to every Subaru owner I know. I have a feeling it's a loose cable also, I just need to take the time to take the dash apart. Today it only went out a couple times during some spirited driving. Thanks again.

just claifying then, that means if we placed an order not to except it for another 2 weeks? No intention of a sarcastic remark, I just sent an e-mail and havent heard back, so I was able to put 2 and 2 togther with the wedding BUT i was just making sure my payment was recieved. Thanks,
Semper Fi.

I'm a little late in posting this, but I ordered Jazzy's kit about 3 months ago. I received the kit in about 2 days and installed it a few days later.

I took my time, always wary about disassembling a car barely 6 months old, so it took me about 3-4 hours total, but it went very well and works as advertised.

For my install, I had hoped to install a 1/8" input jack in the audio/HVAC panel, but there simply wasn't space, so I went with Plan B. This involved installing the input jack on the center console next to the shifter. It works great.

My install uses:

• Jazzy's Pro kit
  • Belkin's TuneBase mount/charger/FM transmitter - $69.99 Circuit City
  • Panel Mount 1/8" input jack/cable from FrontX.com - $3.80 http://frontx.com/pro/p092_036.html
  • Radio Shack 1/8" mini-jack coupler #274-1555 - $3.99 (to connect the cable from the Jazzy kit to the FrontX cable.)
  • A single 1/8" male/male coil cable (from my vast electroncs parts junk box)

Thanks to Jazzy for the R&D that made this possible, the reasonable price, flawless performance and terrific support he offers here on this forum.

P1040692.JPG.dd7ff8216147dab39868c9c733caf108.JPG

P1040695.JPG.e76220f9d5524b694f45e4d2507c9f8a.JPG

P1040688.JPG.292f933040b18cc7949207a995968968.JPG

Wow, that is one hell of a nice install! Very nice work - thx for the pictures.

As far as the question regarding shipping, I'm back from Meh-heeco (dodged the hurricanes on both ends!). It's going to take me 2 or 3 days to get caught up, but for those of you in the US, I should be able to get all the current orders out in time for weekend installs.

Regarding the Tribeca - it has the same 14 pin ribbon cable as the Legacy/Outback radio, but it's routed in such a way that it makes installation impossible - at least with the cables I have. I had someone try to install it, but after several attempts, had no luck getting it to work. So, I'd say that although I think it's compatible with the radio in theory, there's no practical way to install it. :( Sorry I can't be of more help there, but I don't know what else to try.

All,

A few months after my successful install of the aux-input board, the right channel started having problems; it goes in and out and has static. I only have the problem using the silent CD/XM radio input, not with regular CD playing or FM radio. Any ideas what would be causing this/how to fix it? Anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks!!

mid-life crazy, I had that exact same problem with mine and found a loose cable. I re-connected all connectors and it went away and it has been a good 6 months since.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW