LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

It's a Subaru 5eat kit. They need the differences between instructions. I think they said the instructions say "07". I mentioned that ClimberD found it was a 3 channel design, which they said sounded about right.

I am confused. Are the instructions coming from TransGo tailored for our 5EATs, or do we have to figure out how to adapt the 350Z to our application?

How much is the kit?

No idea on costs, that's all TBD

Instructions are for Subaru, but may not be complete for 2008. I'm digging out my good digital camera for this install, have to photograph any difference we find.

If it's for an 07 it should work for 08 and 09?

I thought the 5EATs were the same 05-06 and 07-09?

This may be the case. But from their perspective, the only way to find out is to validate. Also, I thought the 05-07 was the same, and 08-09 was different, but I could be wrong about that...

O man, can't wait for this. Please EAN611, post updates and how it feels when in. I might need this.

Might need to take a trip to EFI Logics soon.......

I wonder how things will be affected if already have IPT in like me and put this in?

Edited by RIPjeep2002

5eat domination takes one step closer, look out 5mt guys, were coming...

Bring it!!!! They are about to open an e85 station on my way home from work and I'll be pushing around 400whp.:lol: Where in LA are you?

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

car : 05

ipt modded : no , a friend owns a tranny shop & said 750+ for a "modded" vb or shift kit was insane .

3rd q : interested depending on how "close to"

our trans is giving up the ghost from top down , 4th/5th are slipping w/ anything more than light load , debating whether to rebuild or buy/install another unit . whichever way i go it will have a shift kit .

i keep reading these things don't really like stg 2/3 in stock form .

help me figure where i am , mods list : vf52 , dw740 , perrin 2pc 2 cat dp , greddy up , perrin lw pulley , perrin tmic , cobb ap/protuned , gfb responz in 100% recirc , ptp turbo blanket w/ spt heat shield , is this stg 2 ?

climberd , i have been watching this & other 5eat related threads like a hawk , keep on truckin' man

you're stage 3. once you upgrade away from the stock turbo (VF40) you're stage 3.

there are some failures similar to yours, failing from the top down, before the whole thing eventually went. probably need a rebuild of at least 4th/5th at this point.

according to the first page of this thread (down the very bottom of the first post):

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/floating-5eat-valve-body-ipt-vb-mod-110180.html

IPT claims VB is the same 05-07 and 08-09 has their own... not sure how this applies to your situation, eitan.

This is why I need to document the install. Hopefully I won't throw a code :)

I personally am inclined to do 2 things:

1) I will continue to reverse engineer exactly how the 05-07 valve body operates, and how the TransGo kit interfaces with the valve body.

2) I will be standing by to see what TransGo produces. If they can do better than me, I see no point to enter the market with an inferior product. If I can do better than they can, I will try to sell a better solution. If people want me to install a TransGo solution, I am happy to do that for them, at a very reasonable rate.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

It isn't so much stg2, a lot happens when yo go stg3, that's when it gets iffy.

Stage 3 itself technically is anything between a simple hybrid BNR 16G on stock fueling to 1000cc injectors and a turbo you could fit your head in :lol:

This is why I need to document the install. Hopefully I won't throw a code :)

Awfully nice of you to guinea pig their own R&D considering they haven't acknowledged knowing the difference between the 05-07 and 08-09 variants. Best of luck, hope it works out so you don't have to rinse and repeat :)

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Awfully nice of you to guinea pig their own R&D considering they haven't acknowledged knowing the difference between the 05-07 and 08-09 variants. Best of luck, hope it works out so you don't have to rinse and repeat :)

Worst case, I'm going to see what I can find. I'll do zero drilling unless I'm sure I know how to install this. Plus, I need a shift kit....what choices do I have? I'd rather not shred my clutch packs.

Worst case, I'm going to see what I can find. I'll do zero drilling unless I'm sure I know how to install this. Plus, I need a shift kit....what choices do I have? I'd rather not shred my clutch packs.

If you haven't worn your clutch packs by now, you'll be fine for a little longer. But you are absolutely correct, everything is 100% reversible except drilling. You will be fine then. Have at it.

:eek:

^

Pretty much sums up the shock I felt after reading this thread. Thanks for bringing this to light. (And saving me some $$$)

Car: 06 5EAT 37K miles

IPT VB: NO

As far as the 3rd question goes, I am interested in the kit since I can get a local shop around here to install it. (Less downtime since I am East Coast)I have some old contacts at Transtar and ATC that can point me to a shop that does alot of Jatco's and are reputable. (I used to do sales/support for auto transmissions for ATC/Metran before I changed careers)

LGT 5eat car year? 05 06 07 08 09

IPT VB mod already performed? Yes or No

Are you willing to pay close to but less than IPT prices (perhaps again) for a proper shift kit modification performed by fellow 5eat performance enthusiast ClimberD himself?

Hell Yeah!

:eek:

As far as the 3rd question goes, I am interested in the kit since I can get a local shop around here to install it. (Less downtime since I am East Coast)I have some old contacts at Transtar and ATC that can point me to a shop that does alot of Jatco's and are reputable. (I used to do sales/support for auto transmissions for ATC/Metran before I changed careers)

Can you get pointers to any shops on the West Coast (SF/Bay Area/San Jose/etc)?

Bring it!!!! They are about to open an e85 station on my way home from work and I'll be pushing around 400whp.:lol: Where in LA are you?

I still won't be able to beat you :lol: I'm just looking to run a 16G on E85 reliably without killing my eat. Im in the san fernando valley area

I have an 08 with stock vb and looking for an upgrade. I want to know what I am paying for, willing to spend 600 or so, but not just a set of stiffer springs. The performance vb in my lightning works amazing and cost $200. IPT is a rip off for what you get, level 10 has built me some great transmissions for other cars and is more affordable than IPT.