LegacyGT.com

• I Donated

Has anyone had issues with the heat in their cars?

Both of mine blow whatever temp it already is in the car (no heat). Both of new(ish) OEM thermostats too. I've double and even triple checked that there is no air in the coolant system....etc

I'm thinking that I'm having issues with the control unit or one of the blend doors...but its not anything that I've ever got into before. Any advise would be great

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

It might help...the door is controlled by a cable that attaches to the slider on the HVAC controls and then to the door down by the passenger footwell just beside the console. There are retainer clips holding the cables on, so it might be possible that one went missing.

Has anyone had issues with the heat in their cars?

Both of mine blow whatever temp it already is in the car (no heat). Both of new(ish) OEM thermostats too. I've double and even triple checked that there is no air in the coolant system....etc

I'm thinking that I'm having issues with the control unit or one of the blend doors...but its not anything that I've ever got into before. Any advise would be great

So does ur car blow heat or not? Kuz if it doesn't it's something up with ur cooling/heating system. ie radiator, thermostat, heater core, water pump or even the hoses. Does ur fan only work on 1 or 2 settings? If so its ur blower motor resistor. U could even try the blower motor itself. The blend door if I'm not mistake. Just moves the air from whatever settings u chose. Turn ur recycled air off and try to see if u get heat then. Even try driving around. The more description u give the better the answers u kno....

So then check the radiator, thermostat, heater core, hoses, water pump. It has to be one of those things. And if u already put in the thermostat I'd shoot for the heater core next. Try flushing it. Or the entire system. It should also help find the problem. it's just a matter of patience lol.

if you look under the dash passenger side near the center ''hump'' you should see a white flap with a cable attached to it. that is the door that directs the air flow over the heater coil. if you activate the heat control lever while looking at the white flap / door you should see it move.

also the cable is the bottom end of the control cable . it is about 20 - 24 inches long and the top is connected to the heater lever.

good luck.

Archived